+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: TV Rights Bidding under way

TV Rights Bidding under way

With a rise in the number of games from 168 to 200 out of the total 380 it’s likely to see PL income rise from the current £5.14 Bn for games from 2019 -2022. Last two rounds were for £1.77 bn and £3.02bn So a rise to £7bn this time just on the greater number of games is on the cards and as more bidders are expected to enter the fray it could go higher.

The live rights consist of five packages of 32 matches and two packages of 20 matches per season, with no single buyer allowed to acquire more than 148 matches each season. There will be three complete rounds of 10 midweek matches shown live, plus one set of Bank Holiday games, as well as eight individual games being shown on a Saturday night.

Will games like Stoke v Huddersfield attract or will we if we don’t have many goals in our games? Maybe the income has peaked?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42164708
    Last edited by oldcolner; 18-12-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Loadsamoney for us, feck all for Blackburn, Preston, Bolton, Blackpool and Leeds. HE was always up there watching, HE just bided his time.

I have estimated that if the season were to finish right now with us sixth and the increased tranche of TV money in the EPL we would be banking another £200 million.

Attachment 7600

I know Alto thinks it's unfair but WTF, it's great for us!

Reminds me of That great ABBA song ....MONEY MONEY MONEY ...

Don't forget our Champions/Europa League money on top of that 200m.

It doesn’t start till August 2019 so don’t get too carried away.
    We’re stuck with £100m plus place money (currently around £28m I think) for two more years .. assuming we stay up both times. Not a worry this year!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I have estimated that if the season were to finish right now with us sixth and the increased tranche of TV money in the EPL we would be banking another £200 million.

Attachment 7600

I know Alto thinks it's unfair but WTF, it's great for us!
    You are damn right BT, The FA are phucking up the Football giving most of the money where it is not building our national sport, just like the Government putting it in already rich pockets letting the Country to waste away.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)