+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Millers photo blog now complete.

My Millers photo blog now complete.

My Millers photo blog 1946-date is finally complete.
    A photo of every player to play a competitive Millers game since the War.
    Huge thanks to Mr Rotherham United memorabilia Graham Barnes for supplying me with pictures of the elusive last few who only played an handful of games for us back in the 40's and 50's.
    It's been a long labour of love collecting all these, scouring thousands of programmes, magazines and online stuff but the mission is now complete and only needs renewing as and when new players arrive.
    The blog has had 12,600+ views already so seems to be pretty popular.
    Hope there's something of interest here for you all.....and yes i can finally get a life now

http://millersphotos1946-date.blogsp...layers_13.html

That’s terrific Zippy a real magnum opus.

One small point regarding David Chambers, wasn’t his full name David Martin-Chambers? So he should be under M not C?

His brother Phil ex of Barnsley was always down as Phil Martin-Chambers.

A small point but I know the perfectionist in you, otherwise you wouldn’t have bothered doing this great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That’s terrific Zippy a real magnum opus.

One small point regarding David Chambers, wasn’t his full name David Martin-Chambers? So he should be under M not C?

His brother Phil ex of Barnsley was always down as Phil Martin-Chambers.

A small point but I know the perfectionist in you, otherwise you wouldn’t have bothered doing this great work.
    To be honest GTTM....I've never seen David Chambers name down with the Martin bit anywhere.....i know Phil ex Barnsley had his name down as Martin-Chambers a few times but mostly in his younger days.
    Anyway i think my OCD will let me off on this occasion, thanks for asking anyway.

Well done John, brought back memories with some of the players I watched, while at the Tivoli end of Millmoor, from 1960 onwards.

Brilliant Zip!

What an excellent list.
    Well done Zippy.

Question for you Zippy who would be your favourite player and Manager?

Brilliant Zip. Even includes all Evans' signings (I think)

Just 'zipped' through a chunk of the A to Cs, and reminded of some of the dross we've had over the years. Makes today's squad look quite good.
    Last edited by PerigordMiller; 18-12-2017 at 04:47 PM.

Good work, Zippy!
    I saw David Chambers play for the Millers, and he was always listed as just "David Chambers" in the match programme, although that might not be the name that is on his birth certificate.

I believe you have missed off Jerry Yates. You have Jamie Yates but no Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    I believe you have missed off Jerry Yates. You have Jamie Yates but no Jerry.
    Thank you very much for pointing that out....i remember deleting the original photo i had of Jerry to update it but obviously forgot to re-do it....cheers dantpen

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast