+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antione Griezman

Antione Griezman

Did this really offend anyone?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42387727

No one was offended when Michael Jackson did it.

Only the people who are offended "professionally"

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    No one was offended when Michael Jackson did it.
    Actually Frog Wacko Jacko did it the other way round.

I’ve stopped being offended by anything, neither do I have a social conscience. I have now decided to be offended by proxy as there seems to be a whole hoard of “twitterers” out there that will be offended on my behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Did this really offend anyone?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42387727
    White people who are ignorant to the history of blackface are unlikely to take offence.

Blackface has its origins in the Minstrels shows which racistly stereotyped and demeaned black features. Many white people dress up in blackface as a sincere tribute to black individuals, and there are no doubt many black people who do not take offence.

There are also a huge number for whom blackface serves as a painful reminder of the way white society has historically mocked their people and, when given a moment of consideration in its historical context, whose offence becomes understandable.

I rest my case m’lud

Did anyone see that guy in the audience at the darts who had blacked up as Dianne Abbott and was holding up a card saying 190?
    Must admit it made me chuckle but no doubt it will offend others.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    White people who are ignorant to the history of blackface are unlikely to take offence.

Blackface has its origins in the Minstrels shows which racistly stereotyped and demeaned black features. Many white people dress up in blackface as a sincere tribute to black individuals, and there are no doubt many black people who do not take offence.

There are also a huge number for whom blackface serves as a painful reminder of the way white society has historically mocked their people and, when given a moment of consideration in its historical context, whose offence becomes understandable.
    I bet you're always in the kitchen at parties.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post

Are you going to start chanting "safe space" ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast