+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best squad ever...

Best squad ever...

...you're having a laugh in my opinion.

Yes, probably if you look at CVs, pedigrees, names, previous careers etc, and yes, probably if you look at our defensive players. But, if you look at our offensive players I'd say this is the worst we have had this PL run, and this is the eight season of this run (probably on par with last season, since it's pretty much the same).

Last season though our defensive players over achieved in terms of goal scoring, last season we scored 43 goals, 11 of them (if I'm correct) came from forwards...

This season we've scored 13 goals in 18 games, 6 from forwards I believe, which actually is better than last season.

We scored 12 goals with Pulis and/or Megson in 14 games, 1 with Pardew in 4 games, no improvement as of yet (same squad, same players though).

Yesterday we started with a midfield that would have seen Pulis crucified, and scored a scrappy goal from a set piece.

How can we survive with these attacking players?

In my opinion we can't and therefore have to reinforce quite vigorously in the attacking department come January.

But, of course, COYB!

There are Phillips & Chadli who would ignite the midfield and fit in well under Pardew. The problem is neither seem to be able to stay fit. Morrison is another. I doubt we've ever had a player who has spent so much time injured as him.
    A good striker to feed off Rondon is needed, maybe Rodriguez could do that job but I'd look for another as well if it were up to me.

Alreet SB, hope life finds you well.

Best squad?

Never subscribed to that at the start of the season and don't now.

Any sqaud with Rondon't cannot even be classed as "ok" as he reduces the overall score down that much.

Like you basically say we need strikers badly and imo a AMF, not an unproven rb.

Send the terrible GK back to PSG and try for a short term loan for the nutter ben arfa.

Flog HRK (always an average winger, never a straiker) to a play-off hopeful for 4-5m and use the cash for loan fees.

If Evans won't sign a new deal, then flog him.

Beg the dumb chinese club who offered £40m for rondon't last jan for a tenth of that to just fooook him and his £70k a week salary off.

Such a massive game on Saturday.

If we play like against Swansea we're down, I'm clinging on to the fact moyes took 5 games to win at west sham.

When's your next visit to the shrine, SB?

Don't leave it too long mate, as it might be in tier 2.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

Best squad?

Any sqaud with Rondon't cannot even be classed as "ok" as he reduces the overall score down that much.

Like you basically say we need strikers badly and imo a AMF, not an unproven rb.

Send the terrible GK back to PSG and try for a short term loan for the nutter ben arfa.

Flog HRK (always an average winger, never a straiker) to a play-off hopeful for 4-5m and use the cash for loan fees.

Beg the dumb chinese club who offered £40m for rondon't last jan for a tenth of that to just fooook him and his £70k a week salary off.

If we play like against Swansea we're down, I'm clinging on to the fact moyes took 5 games to win at west sham.

Good post blood , I think Pardew still needs time been in charge for 4 games now & one of them for 3 day before we played Palace who were on a up yes Swansea was disappointing then Liverpool followed by man Utd not easy , it will get easier im sure .

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

Best squad?

Alright BB, hope you are too (leaving football out of the equation for now).

Not decided yet, thinking maybe of an away game such as Palace, last game of the season, we'll see.

Best squad ever.......
    Name:  my-arse.gif
Views: 111
Size:  8.8 KB

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)