+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queens v St Mirren

"Where have all the Queens fans gone?" Sir-The attendances at Palmerston this season have been disappointing to say the least.The crowd of 1300 at a recent home game is the lowest league attendance I can remember for many years and begs the question:Is Dumfries deserving of a full time football team.At present Queens are going well in the league,have a good squad with quality players such as Dobbie and McFadden and excellent youngsters such as Dykes and Marshall and have a winnable cup tie against Partick Thistle coming up.We are constantly being fed a diet of Champions league and English premier league football and many may feel that this is the standard they wish to watch but there is no substitute for going along to a live game and getting behind your home team.The present position may well be similar to the plight of the town centre shops with the cry of "Use them or lose them" and I was pleased to see a recent banner being displayed by fans that says "Yer hame team is your ain yeam" The current board is doing a great job in maintaining full time football and attracting quality players but how long can this be sustained?So come on,Queens fans.We have a catchment of more than 100,000 in the local area and only a few short years ago we took more than 18,000 fans to the cup final.Come along and give the team the support they deserve. That was the letter in the Standard from"Queens fan"

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    "Where have all the Queens fans gone?" Sir-The attendances at Palmerston this season have been disappointing to say the least.The crowd of 1300 at a recent home game is the lowest league attendance I can remember for many years and begs the question:Is Dumfries deserving of a full time football team.At present Queens are going well in the league,have a good squad with quality players such as Dobbie and McFadden and excellent youngsters such as Dykes and Marshall and have a winnable cup tie against Partick Thistle coming up.We are constantly being fed a diet of Champions league and English premier league football and many may feel that this is the standard they wish to watch but there is no substitute for going along to a live game and getting behind your home team.The present position may well be similar to the plight of the town centre shops with the cry of "Use them or lose them" and I was pleased to see a recent banner being displayed by fans that says "Yer hame team is your ain yeam" The current board is doing a great job in maintaining full time football and attracting quality players but how long can this be sustained?So come on,Queens fans.We have a catchment of more than 100,000 in the local area and only a few short years ago we took more than 18,000 fans to the cup final.Come along and give the team the support they deserve. That was the letter in the Standard from"Queens fan"

I read with interest the comments on the Queens v United thread, and from whats said here it seems you're struggling to keep attendances up. I just wanted to say good luck with it, the lifeblood of Scottish football is outside Glasgow despite what some of the press want us to believe. I wish more people supported their local team.

ps get some covers on that pitch eh!

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I read with interest the comments on the Queens v United thread, and from whats said here it seems you're struggling to keep attendances up. I just wanted to say good luck with it, the lifeblood of Scottish football is outside Glasgow despite what some of the press want us to believe. I wish more people supported their local team.

ps get some covers on that pitch eh!
    I doubt if covers would have made any difference

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Absolutely spot on

Nit - picking I know but personally would never describe Dykes as an ' excellent '' player !

Meanwhile let's get back to the game against the Buddies. I hope that we set up with a very positive attitude as I thought that against Dundee United we concentrated too much on trying to contain them to the detriment of our own attacking capabilities. Both of our wide men, Stirling and Dykes, were too busy defending against the United full backs rather than attacking them. Naysmith did change the formation pushing the misfiring Dykes upfront halfway through the half which passed the role of covering Scobbie to Dobbie, a role he is clearly uncomfortable with. Let's start against St Mirren on the front foot and get in their faces from the start, putting them onto the back foot from the kick off and getting the fans right behind the Queens. Positivity straight from the off pressing their players hard putting them immediately into a defensive mode and having a right go on Saturday will create the positive crowd reaction we are all looking for. Mon the South.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Nit - picking I know but personally would never describe Dykes as an ' excellent '' player !

i have not got a clue how dykes gets started bench man at best too many mistakes on the ball ,i see this as a make or break game win and it keeps us up there in the title hunt lose it we are in the trouble zone ,lyle instead of dykes please mr manager .

Good to see Gary talk about taking the game to St Mirren in the Record.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...nding-11739607

Last match before christmas and since I am now on holiday looking forward to getting drunk after the match and lets hope its celebrating a win rather than drowning my sorrows with a lost.
    It will be tough match again and the lost to them away was the worst performance in the league this season so we must do better today and give the fans an early christmas present with 3 points and a 100th goal for Dobbie as it would be great if he could get it in a home match.

Come on Queens & Dobbie!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)