+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mr Lee is in the house

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I look at it like this , PC had to sell . He’s gone out and got a consortium to take us over who have a lot of wealth, experience and backing . He’d have struggled on paper to find much better. How things turn out nobody knows but at least we’ve not been left to rot away with nobody behind us which would have meant slipping down the leagues inevitably.

Let’s see what happens , another chapter in the clubs history but at least there’s a chance for us to compete a bit !
    Might av a drink tonight. Thank you Patrick Cryne you've done us proud.

Paul Conway say's they are going to enhance the academy and playing staff, that sounds great, whos this new name Neerav Parekh anyone no.

I don't know Colliers but according to someone on the BBS he's minted as well.

I agree with ESR. We had to do something. Cryne selling to this consortium gives the club a chance to compete at Championship level. I like to think that Patrick Cryne wouldn't just get rid of the club for the sake of it because he's terminally ill. He's a fan just like us lot and would surely sell to people with the right credentials. It also could be argued that 20 million pounds was a reason for selling but I'd rather not get into that out of respect for a dying man.

It is what it is, it's completely art of our hands so we'll have to wait n see. It's either a day the club looks back on as a red letter day or a day when the club died. Time will tell.

I'll look forward with great interest to the press conference tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I look at it like this , PC had to sell . He’s gone out and got a consortium to take us over who have a lot of wealth, experience and backing . He’d have struggled on paper to find much better. How things turn out nobody knows but at least we’ve not been left to rot away with nobody behind us which would have meant slipping down the leagues inevitably.

Let’s see what happens , another chapter in the clubs history but at least there’s a chance for us to compete a bit !

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Like Couldn't have put it better myself. Are you excited mate?
    Excited probably , not sure just now , probably me thinking about our history and local buisnesses being involved , the jump up to the prem, dark days in Division 4, it warra big part of me growing up to watch the Reds at every opportunity possible , times have changed , hopefully for better things ? But part of me thinks we may have lost our soul to an overseas buyer , who I hope takes us forward in every possible way , Excited yes good luck to all concerned too, We are a special unique club to me , so I will accept the newcomers as one of our own now

First priority should be to keep us up this season,then see where next season takes us with a few experienced additions to the squad.

Agree with that Conditioned

Regardless of what the future holds, I'm pleased that we've been bought by a consortium rather than a lone megalomaniac or some kind of gangster family. Surely between them, the new owners have enough business sense and financial know-how to steer the club to a comfortable second tier status. I'm not saying I expect miracles, of course we're still in for a bumpy season, but if we end up in the bottom three after this, I'll be very surprised. After that, who knows?

The dawn of a new era .

None of us know how this is going to pan out , it could be the best thing that's happened to this club or it could be the worst .

I was initially excited by the takeover when it first broke in August , today I'm in the let's see how they go mode before I start fixing chinese lanterns all over my my garden .

What I will say is this , they won't be offered the same understanding or patience the previous owner enjoyed , so they'd better get more right than they get wrong .

First job , keep us up , whatever it takes , get it done or it might be a struggle before they even get their teeth into it .

Sustain championship football and at least look as though we are building towards summat and I'll be happy at that .

Start fecking us around and pyssing up our backs and we will have you wishing you'd never bought the club , you've picked the wrong town for that .

Welcome to the club and the very best of luck to you all .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast