+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The press conference

The press conference

I was impressed by what they had to say. I believe that they're here long term and steady progress is the name of the game. I have to say that's music to my ears. They've clearly done their homework and are successful business people with the right credentials for running a football club . They bring in some new ideas as well as investment and more importantly want to carry on running the club in the same fashion by balancing the books.

It clearly isn't an overnight thing where by they're chucking daft amounts of money at it, not at all. I was concerned of that being a possible scenario when we first got wind of this foreign takeover. Its obvious of a case of looking at the bigger picture. Steady progress and annual improvement both on and off the pitch. Tha can't say fairer than that.

I think Patrick Cryne deserves a huge mention. He has been absolutely brilliant in getting this thing done and to be fair he's secured the long term future of this club when many of us couldn't see a realistic option.

I couldn't help but laugh when Mr Lee started talking it reminded me of various posts on here by certain posters who posted using the Chinese twang ya know who you are ya buggas

I was impressed too pass , very professional looking and spoke very well .

I'm cautiously optimistic and really hope they have a handle on how enormously difficult this league is and they are investing in a part of the UK that is unique and economically different to many other parts of the country .

If they get this right we could be heading for some very exciting times , fingers crossed .

Talk the talk will they walk the walk in January? hope so

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I was impressed too pass , very professional looking and spoke very well .

I'm cautiously optimistic and really hope they have a handle on how enormously difficult this league is and they are investing in a part of the UK that is unique and economically different to many other parts of the country .

If they get this right we could be heading for some very exciting times , fingers crossed .
    I'm sure that they've had the full sp off Pat Cryne mate. Tha reight though, were different to many places but as Mr Conway alluded to "every business venture presents challenges". They'll not be short of a few challenges here tha can bet. They'll find it difficult dragging five to ten thousand folk darn yonder 2 hours afooar kick off unless some major alterations are made. If they're here to make the experience better then I'm all for it. They've obviously identified where improvements can be made but it's abart being balanced and realistic. The French mentality is different to the English where football's concerned and so is the weather in Nice! Interesting times ahead.

A still can't get mi eeard rarnd it watching that press conference. It's so bizarre seeing folk like them saying they want to make Barnsley internationally recognised. This kind o thing just dunt appen to us does it?

I still find it hard to understand how they are going to increase revenues by a significant margin to enable us compete at this level, the gap is massive to the bigger clubs in this division. I don't believe they will extract large sums of cash from the businesses and people of Barnsley so other income streams from other sources will be needed.

They are obviously very professional but like animal said they are dealing in a unique local economy.

I wish them all the best and hope it works out. If we can be a stable club in this division I will be happy but by only doing that how are the investors going to get a return, probably only a stint in the Premier League will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Talk the talk will they walk the walk in January? hope so

We'll have to see pal. Depends what your expectations are really and from what I could gather we'll not be spending a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I'm sure that they've had the full sp off Pat Cryne mate. Tha reight though, were different to many places but as Mr Conway alluded to "every business venture presents challenges". They'll not be short of a few challenges here tha can bet. They'll find it difficult dragging five to ten thousand folk darn yonder 2 hours afooar kick off unless some major alterations are made. If they're here to make the experience better then I'm all for it. They've obviously identified where improvements can be made but it's abart being balanced and realistic. The French mentality is different to the English where football's concerned and so is the weather in Nice! Interesting times ahead.

A still can't get mi eeard rarnd it watching that press conference. It's so bizarre seeing folk like them saying they want to make Barnsley internationally recognised. This kind o thing just dunt appen to us does it?
    I've said on another thread pass , tha's to get it right on the pitch first , everything runs from there .

Bottom of the league playing shyte isn't compensated by a fan zone or The Rolling Stones playing live in the Ponty End car park pre match .

We want a team that wins football games every fortnight then start with the angus beef burgers and decent ale .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I've said on another thread pass , tha's to get it right on the pitch first , everything runs from there .

Bottom of the league playing shyte isn't compensated by a fan zone or The Rolling Stones playing live in the Ponty End car park pre match .

We want a team that wins football games every fortnight then start with the angus beef burgers and decent ale .

Exactly mate, we all know what brings in the bigger crowds and it ain't gimmicks. However, if they're building long term the results certainly won't woo the crowds in. Folk aren't gonna flock in to see a mid table team over the next 3 or 4 seasons so I'm all ears as to their ideas & intentions of attracting the supporters down early. Tough one for me that

Keep us up first and foremost. For my money pardon the pun they'll have to have some initial outlay because where it matters it isn't improving with this squad.

Revenue they say will come from the Cosmopolitan board in different countries what ever that means

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast