+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley multi million Chinese takeover

Barnsley multi million Chinese takeover

Confirmed today. To progress we need something similar to happen with Rotherham United. But would Tony want to sell despite having seemingly abandoned any further ambition or investment ?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Confirmed today. To progress we need something similar to happen with Rotherham United. But would Tony want to sell despite having seemingly abandoned any further ambition or investment ?
    Next step is the sale of Oakwell.....watch this space.

The I'm happy we have TS and not a foreign speculator

Mr Bean is involved too!

Chien is French for dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Next step is the sale of Oakwell.....watch this space.

The I'm happy we have TS and not a foreign speculator
    Yes I can't see that ending well somehow.

TBH even if Rotherham United were bought by a Gulf oil state like Man City were I wouldn't be happy because it wouldn't be Rotherham United anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Yes I can't see that ending well somehow.

TBH even if Rotherham United were bought by a Gulf oil state like Man City were I wouldn't be happy because it wouldn't be Rotherham United anymore.
    That’s very true. There may be developments of the ground, budget and squad, but ticket prices would go up and the whole shooting match would be passed over to the “prawn sandwich” set. The traditional Rotherham would die.

I’d be a bit worried if it was us but I hope it goes well for Barnsley and they don’t get messed about like some clubs have

Too many of these foreign investments start with such promise and end up in tears/anger.

Better the Devil you Know imo

Grist/Great fire. I share your sentiments but in the finance driven current world of football it's the "traditional" clubs with no solid investment that are being left behind to stagnate in the lower divisions. Just wish TS would take on extra financial help(Ron Hull ?) to allow us at least to be competitive.

So we're all happy to see the stagnation of our club continue are we? Whatever happened to incremental improvements?

Good luck to Barnsley, I hope things work out well for them.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast