+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley

We must have the worst owners there's ever been in football,surely?UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    I would have thought that any club in South Yorkshire showing serious intent on achieving top flight status would be a magnet. I may well be unaware of serious investor interest in us,but doubt it.
    If I was an Asian billionaire looking to dip my beak in English football,right now we should be absolutely numeroo uno. Can't help but feel McCabe dosen't really know whether to s h i t or get off the pot. And we all know what happens in that circumstance.
    Your not No1 & this is why.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42426661

TMT

Good luck. The Pigs were having orgasms when Tunaman took over, now many are deeply worried, especially when they're playing in Salmon Pink shirts next season. Still it must feel good to be the top team in North Barnsley. Hope you don't get ripped off at the turnstiles.

Quote Originally Posted by peterandliz46 View Post
    Before you bewail the fact that we have not been approached by a rich asian billionaire we still are a proper football club not a plaything of a billionaires whim
    just look across the city high ticket prices etc etc
    maybe we haven't got it right but i would rather have British owners that care about the club and have always supported our club
    Why are so many people incapable of considering that someone else taking stewardship of the club would not necessarily be a disaster?

Yes, the Pigs are up **** creek, and it's thanks to their owners. It doesn't seem to be doing Wolves much harm, does it? Why is it impossible that we'd have a similar level of success? Why do new owners have to be the devil incarnate?

Some of our fans are so concerned about what might be that they can't see that we're already in a quagmire with no real leadership, no future planning and a league position based entirely on one of the best managers in England working bloody miracles?

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Why are so many people incapable of considering that someone else taking stewardship of the club would not necessarily be a disaster?

Yes, the Pigs are up **** creek, and it's thanks to their owners. It doesn't seem to be doing Wolves much harm, does it? Why is it impossible that we'd have a similar level of success? Why do new owners have to be the devil incarnate?

Some of our fans are so concerned about what might be that they can't see that we're already in a quagmire with no real leadership, no future planning and a league position based entirely on one of the best managers in England working bloody miracles?

They can't CD
    It doesn't fit in with their flat cap, fag, beer, pie, dangerous tackles on dangerous pitches in dangerous stadiums view of what football should be

The modern football era has done nothing to destroy the history of Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool, in fact it's enhanced it

The only club I can think of that is worse off since changing stadiums is Darlington, all other clubs with a new stadium are either better, or at least as good as they were

Football has been changing dramatically ( Even Reg Brearley went on record 30 years ago to say that clubs that do not adopt the new era will die )

Death won't necessarily be none existence - It will be an inability to perform any longer at your naturally historic level

We didn't change and have been replaced by Stoke, West Brom, Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford etc who did

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    They can't CD
    It doesn't fit in with their flat cap, fag, beer, pie, dangerous tackles on dangerous pitches in dangerous stadiums view of what football should be

The modern football era has done nothing to destroy the history of Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool, in fact it's enhanced it

The only club I can think of that is worse off since changing stadiums is Darlington, all other clubs with a new stadium are either better, or at least as good as they were

Football has been changing dramatically ( Even Reg Brearley went on record 30 years ago to say that clubs that do not adopt the new era will die )

Death won't necessarily be none existence - It will be an inability to perform any longer at your naturally historic level

We didn't change and have been replaced by Stoke, West Brom, Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford etc who did
    Coventry changed their stadium so have Bolton JJ.That's 2 i can think of and i'm thick accordin to Bolton brainbox and his sidekick. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 21-12-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Coventry changed their stadium so have Bolton JJ.That's 2 i can think of and i'm thick accordin to Bolton brainbox and his sidekick. UTCB

Yes you're right Rod with Coventry at least
    Bolton on the other hand were a 2nd Division Club when they moved into the new stadium, and let's be right, they've had a pretty good run of things for 20 years or so.

So are they actually worse off now than they were at the old Burnden Park ?

They can't CD

I bet you don't doff your cap as you go through the turnstiles either do you JJ?

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    I bet you don't doff your cap as you go through the turnstiles either do you JJ?

I doff my flat cap on the way in, after a pint, fag and before I get my pie.

They can't CD

Spot on JJ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast