+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley

Barnsley

Finally taken over

Chinese billionaire

Is this the new beginning for the club? The new powerhouse of North Sheffield?

No one knows what this means for the future of Barnsley, but got me thinking about all these years McCabe has been scouring for big investment and if showing the right credentials, even a takeover. Then of course add to that all these tie ups with the big Chinese construction companies and yet zilch.
    Last edited by blades58; 19-12-2017 at 06:41 PM.

McCabe just doesn't want to sell. Do you think Barnsley dude and Tunaman wouldn't have jumped through hoops to take control of United, rather than two smaller clubs.

i think he would sell but got a feeling hes asking over the odds we would surely have attracted somebody by now

Reported that they also looked at Middlesborough and Hull before choosing Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Reported that they also looked at Middlesborough and Hull before choosing Barnsley.
    You can see why those three would be such big attractions. (Sorry Roma)

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    You can see why those three would be such big attractions. (Sorry Roma)
    Options of broccoli, sprouts or cabbage and the Chinese went for the Barnsley pak choi!

I would have thought that any club in South Yorkshire showing serious intent on achieving top flight status would be a magnet. I may well be unaware of serious investor interest in us,but doubt it.
    If I was an Asian billionaire looking to dip my beak in English football,right now we should be absolutely numeroo uno. Can't help but feel McCabe dosen't really know whether to s h i t or get off the pot. And we all know what happens in that circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    McCabe was said to be quoting £60 million lock stock and barrel to Chinese investors when we were in Division 1. Totally unrealistic figure and no doubt will be significantly higher now we are in the championship. No investor will be interested in us at that price. McCabe won't let go he's more interested in investors joining the Board but that means too many cooks spoil the broth.
    Is the job for the boy also still on the table?

Another negative for a buyer if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    McCabe was said to be quoting £60 million lock stock and barrel to Chinese investors when we were in Division 1. Totally unrealistic figure and no doubt will be significantly higher now we are in the championship. No investor will be interested in us at that price. McCabe won't let go he's more interested in investors joining the Board but that means too many cooks spoil the broth.

We are in a crazy situation. McCabe who is a complete saviour and disaster in equal measure. A bloke from Saudi who we have no clue about in truth. And then we have the real world of business and where we are TODAY.
    There are lots of dots,and none of the f u c kers are being joined up in the way that takes us straight up which we are manifestly capable of on every level.
    Any business that is satisfied in maintaining its status and position goes backwards. That is simple economic fact and don't let any clapping idiots convince you otherwise. We are in an amazing position and if we don't go full on to get up this season we will be nowhere for a very long time. Look at the pigs!

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    We are in a crazy situation. McCabe who is a complete saviour and disaster in equal measure. A bloke from Saudi who we have no clue about in truth. And then we have the real world of business and where we are TODAY.
    There are lots of dots,and none of the f u c kers are being joined up in the way that takes us straight up which we are manifestly capable of on every level.
    Any business that is satisfied in maintaining its status and position goes backwards. That is simple economic fact and don't let any clapping idiots convince you otherwise. We are in an amazing position and if we don't go full on to get up this season we will be nowhere for a very long time. Look at the pigs!
    Too true SBT.

Just seen a post on the ever reliable FaceBook saying the prince will be gone before the new year??????????????????

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast