+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Live football tickets website

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Düsseldorf old town is great.
    Various streets of purely bars & restaurants. Mainly bars.
    Not a lot else to it but good for a couple of nights.
    Looking forward to it. Havent heard a bad word about it. My hotels next the old town too. Noticed the grounds miles away from the city though

I read its the number one destination in Germany for food. Beer, food and fitba. Now that's a trip

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Looking forward to it. Havent heard a bad word about it. My hotels next the old town too. Noticed the grounds miles away from the city though

I read its the number one destination in Germany for food. Beer, food and fitba. Now that's a trip
    We never went to a Düsseldorf game so can’t help with that.
    We got a train to Gelsenkirchen to see Schalke.
    Your hotel is in a great location though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Yes, but it's Germany - they have an integrated transport system. Straight to the arena in 15 minutes on the U-Bahn from the Hauptbahnhof on the U78. Don't know how frequent for a Sandhausen game, maybe not the biggest attraction, but every 3minutes for big concerts.

I know your fondness for Die Toten Hosen (big Fortuna fans): this from their end of tour date at the Esprit Arena 2013.

Name:  totenhosen.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  86.5 KB

Yaaas 'mon Die Toten Hosen. They used to be the shirt sponsor a la Wet Wet Wet and Clydebank. Watched FD on the telly before and the camera focussed on Campino and the commentator went into a spiel about Die Toten Hosen. Kraftwerk are also from Dusseldorf

My bitch about the distance is just because i like walking everywhere. Obviously nae always possible and this is on of those occasions.

Out of interest, is there anything worth seeing near the grun. Or even on the walk up to break up the 5 mile walk or whatever it is
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 04-01-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Most of the cool stuff is behind you towards the Town Hall, views of the Rheinkniebrucke and the TV tower but the walk, if you go for it, is along the Rhein so there is always something to see on it. If you've got the coordination you could always walk the first mile backwards. Funny you mention Kraftwerk, having walked some of this route it's mainly power stations I remember! There are, though, at least two *********: the Kunstakademie which has a Scottish connection of sorts through Joseph Beuys and, later, the Museum Kunstpalast. Further up is the Botanical Garden with its Japanese garden, which depending on your point of view is either a masterpiece of Zen or a nae bad venue for a crazy golf course. I do remember a good ice cream cafe there but it may not be booming in February.

Let the train take the strain and save yourself for beers and caipirinhas (I've no idea why that is the local choice) at the Esprit.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    Just go direct to their website and you'll probably be able to choose a seat off a plan just like Pittodrie. I'd be very surprised if they didn't have an English version of their website.

Alternatively just go to the stadium once you arrive - their average crowd is mid 30ks and stadium holds 55,000 so can't imagine tickets being in short supply!
    Should have listened to you and taken your advice! They were selling tickets for all parts of the ground on the day and there was just shy of 28000 there. Old old stadium but fantastic all the same. I went up to the very back row behind the goal just to see what it was like. Jeezo if you suffer from vertigo you better go nowhere near it. I was about 5 yards away from the pitch but about 200 hundred feet up!!! I could see the whole city. Started raining in the second half and the folk in front of me put up brollies. Didn't impede my view at all it's that steep. Good game. Girona took about 200 fans. Not bad considering the distance and that it was a public holiday. Smashing city and pretty cheap for beers. Manolo the famous Spanish drummer is some character, he was working in his bar across the road from the ground before the game and happily chatted away to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Should have listened to you and taken your advice! They were selling tickets for all parts of the ground on the day and there was just shy of 28000 there. Old old stadium but fantastic all the same. I went up to the very back row behind the goal just to see what it was like. Jeezo if you suffer from vertigo you better go nowhere near it. I was about 5 yards away from the pitch but about 200 hundred feet up!!! I could see the whole city. Started raining in the second half and the folk in front of me put up brollies. Didn't impede my view at all it's that steep. Good game. Girona took about 200 fans. Not bad considering the distance and that it was a public holiday. Smashing city and pretty cheap for beers. Manolo the famous Spanish drummer is some character, he was working in his bar across the road from the ground before the game and happily chatted away to me.
    Worth taking a trip?

I would say so. It's a bigger city than I thought. I did miles of walking but the metro is easy to use. Beers and tapas in small bars and restaurants outwith the main city centre are cheap and cheerful. I don't speak Spanish and found that a lot of people other than young folk don't speak much English. I felt it was nice and relaxed and chilled out. Even though it was quieter than it normally would have been given that it was their Christmas and a public holiday on the day of the game there was a lot going on. The weather for the time of year was a bonus. I enjoyed the ground even though it's old and past it. Easy to get to and plenty of bars around the ground. Residential housing on 3 sides of the ground although the roads all round 4 sides are wide so the ground doesn't impinge on the housing. It's certainly a city I would go back to. Be sure to let me know if you go. Anyway on to Spurs v Everton at Wembley this Saturday.

I would also add that I would use that ticket website again if needed. Simple and straightforward and legit.

Sounds like a good place. My old boy still harps on about it now

Was it filthy?

I'm looking for a trip for my birthday in November. I do fancy Sevillas Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan (top of my bucket list)but if I could do a double header weekend and get Valencia too it would be a hit. But I also fancy an East Germany tour. Pick from the likes of Magdeburg, Lokomotive Leipzig, Dynamo Dresden, Dynamo Berlin, Carl Zeiss Jena.

Enjoy Wemburlay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast