+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just a coincidence or what?

Just a coincidence or what?

Dr Xia wants to redevelop VP but we all know this is a non starter unless we get promoted or is it? It is no secret we were the only UK City to put a bid in for the 2022 common wealth games!!

It was announced today we have indeed got the games which could bring in around 400 million to the city and Villa Park will be one of the venues. So is it just a coincidence or is the DR edging his bets that within 4 years we will get promoted and VP will get its face lift paid for by central government? you could say just him being very clever and forward thinking or is it just a coincidence??

If Tony x is here for the long term we might as well build it up. We're going to be back in the premiership at some point. Even if the stadium is empty it will look pretty. It's a bit like the chicken and the egg.
    However I am conserned with Tony investing in Hollywood that's imploding right now.
    Things are changing and the deep state are being brought down by Donald Trump.

I didn't know Birmingham were bidding for the games. What would they use VP for though?
    Rugby 7s maybe but do they play football in the commonwealth games? If we get funding it would be daft not not take advantage.
    The only decent track we have is the Alexander stadium in Perry Barr but I'm not sure the stands are big enough.
    The indoor arena will be ideal for gymnastics, boxing and a few other things. Not sure where they will do the swimming?
    Last edited by bongosdad; 21-12-2017 at 11:55 PM.

Bongo. I understand Dr Xia pulled out of the deal in Hollywood. Even lost his down payment on the investment. Btw had he invested in USA he would have done well. Not sure if there is a crash around the corner but my investments at work returned 21.7% profits this year under The Orange man's tenure.

Haha the orange man. Despite what the corporate mainstream media say Donald is doing a good job it seems. He reminds me of Tony x with all the tweeting but I guess you have to when more or less the entire media is against you and creating lie after lie about him.
    Something strange and huge is going on right now imo. Probably the biggest event in our life time. The deep state, cabal or what ever you want to call it are getting taken down. The Saudis have just witnessed mass arrests that it seems are linked to the clintons and human trafficking and other serious crimes.
    The pedogate thing seems very real now and rife within the political elite.
    Have you seen the boot Hillary is waring? It's been on a bit long for just a broken toe. Some say its a tagging devise.
    George Soros seems to be in trouble too.
    I don't agree with everything trump says or does but he has my full backing if he's going to drain the swamp. I used to hate Fox News but from what I've seen there the only media channel backing trump and highlighting the crimes like the murder of Seth Rich who it seems was leaking info to wikileaks. It had nothing to do with the Russians.
    Lots of Fake news!

The Commonwealth games are coming to Birmingham and already Wyness is already buzzing about the financial gains not only for Birmingham but also for villa, we will be hosting the Rugby 7's and it is expected to boost the local economy by 750 million according to most reports. So, Lets get on with it and when its done, reduce match day prices by 30% to ensure it gets full.

ps don;t know much about Donald Trump but he is a doer although someone please sort his fricking hair out!

I recommend the rugby 7s. The speed strength and fitness of those lads puts footballers to shame. Awesome athletes! I would love to watch Fiji play.
    I'm guessing the a

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)