+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: January transfer window

January transfer window

It is that silly season again when we start to get linked with everybody. Are we for or against each one as they come along?

1. Jonny Evans to go to one of the ‘Big 4/5’ (as highlighted in previous Thread)
    One I think we were all expecting but for me one I would NOT want to happen. Hopefully we can hold onto him until the end of the season and then if he wants to go then so be it!

2. Mitrovic from Newcastle (centre forward)
    Definitely the main priority position for me but a real hot head and several red cards. Strong and an old fashion physical centre forward. For me a NO but only due to his disciplinary record.

What do others think and have you seen any reports of others coming or going?

We seem to have been strongly linked with Danny Ings on loan. I like the look of that deal for both parties.

If we lose Evans, which looks likely, we could have a ready made replacement in Dawson. I think we would need a right back or a defender to fill that hole.

Not heard the Mitrovic rumour, but not sure if he's any better than what we have.

I'd like us to sign a midfielder with a bit of pace, trickery and creativity. I'd be happy to recall Leko from Bristol City.

I quite like the look of Leicester's strikers who are struggling for game time, Ulloa and Slimani, I think either would improve us.

Them my thoughts,

We have a good squad, I think one that is good enough to stay up which just needs tweaking a bit. We're also desperate for a win. One win could change our season around.

I think an over seas loan player in as we’ve signed Hegazi permanent now this freeing up a space as really there was no need to sign him till end of season unless someone from abroad coming in

According to AP we don’t have a Transfer kitty for the January window so expect maybe the odd loan deal or a squad player!

It seems that it's 'out of the frying pan and into the fire' regarding the ownership of our club. In his latest release, Lai has stated there will be limited funds available in the January transfer window. What's new? Obviously he's in it for what he can get out of of it. Again, what's new? We need investment if we are to stay in this division and Lai's stock will diminish if we go down. I just don't get it.

I hear that we are being mentioned in relation to bringing in a new goalkeeper. Personally, this does make sense as, although I rate Foster as an exceotional shot stopper, he still remains a quivering wreck when it comes to crosses in the six yard box. He seems to lack conviction when the crosses come in which puts a lot of pressure on his defenders. With all the protection the goalkeepers get these days, I would rather see someone who comes for crosses rather than stand on the line hoping to get lucky. Ben has been a great servant to the club but maybe the clock is ticking now and we need to be grooming a successor.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    I hear that we are being mentioned in relation to bringing in a new goalkeeper. Personally, this does make sense as, although I rate Foster as an exceotional shot stopper, he still remains a quivering wreck when it comes to crosses in the six yard box. He seems to lack conviction when the crosses come in which puts a lot of pressure on his defenders. With all the protection the goalkeepers get these days, I would rather see someone who comes for crosses rather than stand on the line hoping to get lucky. Ben has been a great servant to the club but maybe the clock is ticking now and we need to be grooming a successor.
    That's like saying Messi can't tackle!
    I thank our lucky stars we've got such a good keeper - the best ever in my 60 years support.

I usd to rate Gordon Banks but I wouldn’t rate him now. I think you missed the point talksaft, I am looking down the line a bit. As for Foster being the best ever, nah, wasnt a patch on John Osborne in my opinion, and that in my nigh on 70 years support. These forums are all about opinions and we all agree to disagree.

I'll disagree about Osborne as well. He'd sneak into my Top 10, but not a patch on Foster, Naylor, Kuszach. I'd rate Myhill above Ossie.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    According to AP we don’t have a Transfer kitty for the January window so expect maybe the odd loan deal or a squad player!
    Well Lai has spoken & more or less has said that their's it's no big war chest to spend well in most cases in life you reap what you sow let's watch this space .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)