+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 The Year That Was

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    For what it's worth and simply my opinion I think the mod(s) should start clamping down a bit on here , I'm as guilty as anyone when feelings are running high .

ESR seems to have to do this job on his own at times , he let's things go which I get but sometimes things need addressing .

If this board is to carry on and prosper it needs a firmer hand at times .

I'm not trying to cause an issue but just saying what I think .

Some proper support for ESR would be helpful .

Same as I say I ain't no angel and I'll hold my hand up .
    I’ve had a lot going off this year and have been skipping over a lot of stuff if I’m honest . My Dad passed away a couple of months ago and I was going to pack it in but I like this board and there’s some good people on here .

All good now though and I’ll try and keep a better check on personal abuse etc . It has to be a two way thing though, sometimes it’s a drag reading through constant slanging matches between people , that’s when I start to just skip over stuff . Disagreements are good and create debate but there’s no need to get personal.

Some people are going to disagree what’s acceptable and what’s not , some don’t like religious things, others swearing and others pictures of women . If we can all put O/T on threads that are non Football then that helps .

I did ask a few months ago for an off topic board but footymad said no as there weren’t enough posters on here .

Finally I’m quite a laid back person so what I find acceptable might offend others so try and work with me on this , if there’s a majority that want something removing then I’ll sort but I don’t want to be authoritarian.

Once again I’m sorry for missing that with SB , Zippy likes to push the boundaries constantly but I didn’t expect that to SB

Looks like he’s apologised though so hopefully we can move on from that

Tharra top man ESR.

Tha reyt, thuz a lot of good uns on here. Debate is good, different opinions are good. Abuse is not good.

My Dad deed ages ago in 1993 from lung disease brought on from a life as a ripper darn the pit and I know it is hard to get over.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I’ve had a lot going off this year and have been skipping over a lot of stuff if I’m honest . My Dad passed away a couple of months ago and I was going to pack it in but I like this board and there’s some good people on here .

All good now though and I’ll try and keep a better check on personal abuse etc . It has to be a two way thing though, sometimes it’s a drag reading through constant slanging matches between people , that’s when I start to just skip over stuff . Disagreements are good and create debate but there’s no need to get personal.

Some people are going to disagree what’s acceptable and what’s not , some don’t like religious things, others swearing and others pictures of women . If we can all put O/T on threads that are non Football then that helps .

I did ask a few months ago for an off topic board but footymad said no as there weren’t enough posters on here .

Finally I’m quite a laid back person so what I find acceptable might offend others so try and work with me on this , if there’s a majority that want something removing then I’ll sort but I don’t want to be authoritarian.

Once again I’m sorry for missing that with SB , Zippy likes to push the boundaries constantly but I didn’t expect that to SB

Looks like he’s apologised though so hopefully we can move on from that

I totally understand ESR and there are far more important issues in life than this board .

Your wingman has considerable more time as a mod on here than yourself and I feel he should contribute more and support you .

This is not a personal dig at acido but let's get the cards on the table or nothing gets resolved .

How's about you appoint another mod to help this alongside yourself and acido ?

See if anyone wants to do it mate .

I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn Thomas vs stum View Post
    I disagree
    I respect with the fiercest passion in Passionville your right to disagree.

I disagree with my last post

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I totally understand ESR and there are far more important issues in life than this board .

Your wingman has considerable more time as a mod on here than yourself and I feel he should contribute more and support you .

This is not a personal dig at acido but let's get the cards on the table or nothing gets resolved .

How's about you appoint another mod to help this alongside yourself and acido ?

See if anyone wants to do it mate .
    If anyone fancies it shout up . I don’t think there’s that big an issue with Mods though is there ? Sometimes it seems like there’s only four or five of us post anyway. It’s the lack of posts and posters that mean if anything controversial happens it’s blown up out of proportion . By all means if someone wants to do it I’ll ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn Thomas vs stum View Post
    I disagree with my last post
    You’re on a final warning for being purposely argumentative

I concur about Moncur. Nowt to do wi't thread but it rhymes n' av' bin deein' to say it for ages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12