Chuffin hell you'd be hard pressed to find a more eventful year in the club's history .

I certainly haven't witnessed a more dramatic one in my 50 years .

It started with a 1-0 win at Forest which put us in 7th place and a point outside the play offs , it was never to get that good again on the field .

At times I was wondering what the hell was going on down there as players left the club rapidly , never seen anything like it .

Connor's free kick against Dirty Leeds in a 3-2 win seemed to mark the end of an era , nice way to sign off though .

Winnall did one to Wendy with a hint of a helping hand from the new CEO Linton Brown , he kept his job for about 24 hours after that .

No CEO and his team disappearing to other club's left Hecky feeling a bit flaky .

The last friendly before the new season had Hecky telling the media we were crap after a 4-0 defeat to the Millers and his new team weren't good enough , marvelous .

We had another trip to Wembley , narrowly losing to Spurs .

We didn't lose at Hillsborough .

The best was saved till last when we were bought by a consortium of foreign billionaires .

And that lot isn't even the half of it in 2017 .

Hopes for 2018

Ponty steve completes 90 minutes at Oakwell .

SB writes a positive post about the new ownership .

Hecky signs a new contract .

We aren't relegated .

We have a good FA cup run .

Every club in the championship hates us , it means we are doing something right .

Happy New Year

Its the chinese year of the Dog , that could be taken many ways !!!