+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Poundland Elf

The Poundland Elf

Poundland tweeted a photo of their £1 Elf hitting another doll over the head with a Twinnings tea bag.

This tweet was teported by twitter to the police and subsiquently was re tweeted with the Twinning tea bag removed.

The whole thing has caused a bit of a stink with some women saying that it is demening to women. Since then the funny people of the world have started a series of tweets with the Elf

I personally find it funny and I know I'll upset folk by saying it but it is, It really is.

https://twitter.com/Poundland

As ever there will always be some who take things like this to the Nth degree, the subsequent tweets have been funny though, can't beat a bit of sarcasm...

The world has gone mad with all this left wing PC nonsense.

Id wager there wasnt a single Elf who complained though!

Brilliant some people need to get a grip

Frog

While I agree that the whole thing is a bit of fun and been blown out of proportion.

He’s not hitting her. He’s holding a teabag in her face and asking if she wants one lump or two.

Google teabagging but make sure mrs Frog isn’t in the room mate.

Pmsl at the twitter
    If their marketing guy is running for prime minister 15 years from now and barbie goes to the press.,,
    Well.. he's only got his elf to blame 😄

Err.. where’s the O/T Frogster?

Let’s not forget everyone doesn’t have a sense of humour. Yes I can see why some would be upset by the teabagging
    It was a bit silly of them to do this when it’s suppose to be selling to the public and could land them in trouble, customers stop going and someone could be losing their job now

Think there is a lot more going off in the world more worrying than the elf.
    Some of the responses are hilarious.

Just consider for a minute the massive list of organisations that "complain on your behalf".

Organisations that you have little or no input into their board members and objectives, many of which attract public money to continue their crusades.

Greenpeace, Liberty, Kick it Out, PETA, CND, English Heritage etc etc etc

Mostly they are just havens for zealots and crackpots and just the type of person that gets offended by "elf scares"

It's time they were culled, at the very least starved of air time on platforms like the politically correct BBC.

Yes they have a view but it's the view of a few taken to be "the voice of the people" when it's no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Frog

While I agree that the whole thing is a bit of fun and been blown out of proportion.

He’s not hitting her. He’s holding a teabag in her face and asking if she wants one lump or two.

Google teabagging but make sure mrs Frog isn’t in the room mate.
    Tea bags are a recent introduction in France. The sence of humour will arrive some time in the next 200 years I've been told Scum .

Bloody hell! There's one asking for 3 lumps! How's he going to do that? He'd give himself an hernia! Jees looks like he's done it before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast