+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alex v's Swindon match predictions

Alex v's Swindon match predictions

I fancy us in this one, so I'm going for a 2 - 0 Alex win (even bigger margin if they lose one or two as is becoming the tradition, and this time of year is all about tradition isn't it). And on that subject, "Seasons greetings to one and all! C.O.Y.R!

An Alex victory, which ensures back to back wins for the first time since August. Swindon have lost their last 3 league games and are on a run of five consecutive losses in all competitions. Like the Alex, they don't often draw, so it is a poor bet for the treble chance option on the coupon. Two draws so far, like Crewe. An important one for us to win at this stage, in order to maintain self confidence.
    Last edited by alexmick; 22-12-2017 at 09:53 PM.

another must win for me

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    treble chance

Now there's a phrase I haven't heard in a while!
    Our younger viewers ...... probably never!

I fancy us for this one too!
    Heart is telling me 3-2!

[QUOTE=crewebacca;38736956]I fancy us in this one, so I'm going for a 2 - 0 Alex win.

Clucking Bell! 0 - 3. Game over after 20 mins.
    Last edited by crewebacca; 23-12-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Absolute disgrace that performance. No football played whatsoever. What a long 90 minutes that turned out to be.

No tempo, passion or application and worse, no soul😵

Quote Originally Posted by paddockrefugee View Post
    No tempo, passion or application and worse, no soul😵
    Well as Swindons manager said "we knew that if we went for them early they will crack". The fact is that if our opponents do their homework on us we are virtually doomed before the start. I get fed up of saying it but you cannot have a winning team when you have no midfield. Sorry but Lowery, Ainley, Cooper and A.N. Other do not make for a physical competitive midfield/engine room. Opponents just walk straight through them.

For the whole game we were an absolute disgrace. The management and the players should be ashamed of themselves

I cannot understand why at halftime DA did not make changes and try a new more formidable midfield. I would have taken Lowery and Cooper off immediately, put Stubbs at CB, moved Nolan to RB, and put NG and Walker in midfield. Instead most of his changes were like for like. If we continue with the powderpuff midfield I find it hard to see how we are going to win games. For goodness sake who was that comedian who selected MoM.

Have to say that regretfully I feel that DA does not have a clue and it is time for him to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ruocul View Post
    .... For goodness sake who was that comedian who selected MoM .....

Just catching up on a few things here so bear with me ...

Just a hunch but it wouldn't have been Lowery who was awarded MOM v Swindon was it?

Lowery clearly divides opinion with some but I think he shows a lot of promise.
    What I did notice as interesting against Cheltenham was his work rate.
    On the back of comments made that he runs around like a headless chicken, I sort of saw what was meant but for a wholly different reason. He seemed to want to play the pressing game.
    Trouble with that is, either you all do it or not at all!

I noticed him looking around to his team mates as if if to say "come on! help me out here!" - so either he was the only one carrying out DA's instructions or he completely misunderstood them.
    Either way, someone on the sidelines should have noticed this and should have done something about it.
    I don't think they did from what I can recall. That in itself does not lend itself to cohesive displays.

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    Just catching up on a few things here so bear with me ...

Just a hunch but it wouldn't have been Lowery who was awarded MOM v Swindon was it?

Lowery clearly divides opinion with some but I think he shows a lot of promise.
    What I did notice as interesting against Cheltenham was his work rate.
    On the back of comments made that he runs around like a headless chicken, I sort of saw what was meant but for a wholly different reason. He seemed to want to play the pressing game.
    Trouble with that is, either you all do it or not at all!

I noticed him looking around to his team mates as if if to say "come on! help me out here!" - so either he was the only one carrying out DA's instructions or he completely misunderstood them.
    Either way, someone on the sidelines should have noticed this and should have done something about it.
    I don't think they did from what I can recall. That in itself does not lend itself to cohesive displays.
    From what I viewed in that Swindon game, not one Crewe player deserved the MOTM award. As a unit and even individually, they were all dreadful on that afternoon. Lowery certainly had one of his worst games this season to be honest. Then again, so did the highly rated Cooper. I reckon the crowd were the men (and women and children) of the match, for putting up with that dross for 90 minutes. Now, fast forward to Boxing Day and the win against Chesterfield. By all accounts, that was altogether better display from the whole team. So credit where credit is due, the Alex did the fans proud with those three points. Against Crawley, there were no complaints with any of the eleven that day. One hundred % effort from start to finish and I don't accept that the opposition were not very good and that is why we beat them. Now onwards to Cambridge. That will be a tough encounter, especially with Uche in fine form just now.