+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not looking good for Mr Derry

Not looking good for Mr Derry

Cambridge Utd Chairman resigns and the new "consortium" give the dreaded "show of support" to Derry......."He will still be in charge until after Xmas".......not exactly a ringing endorsement there then!

I hope we take advantage by scoring a decent win, though I suspect many will feel some sympathy for our ex player and manager.....or maybe not

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42399213

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Cambridge Utd Chairman resigns and the new "consortium" give the dreaded "show of support" to Derry......."He will still be in charge until after Xmas".......not exactly a ringing endorsement there then!

I hope we take advantage by scoring a decent win, though I suspect many will feel some sympathy for our ex player and manager.....or maybe not

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42399213
    The bit that caught my eye was

"He is our head coach and will look after our team for a significant period in our season in the next eight days.

"Let me be really clear - I have met with Shaun Derry, I've asked him to make sure that over Christmas we perform to the best of our ability and play as attractive a brand of football as possible."

Not sure he can do that

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

"He is our head coach and will look after our team for a significant period in our season in the next eight days.

"Let me be really clear - I have met with Shaun Derry, I've asked him to make sure that over Christmas we perform to the best of our ability and play as attractive a brand of football as possible."

Not sure he can do that
    Think Cambo have a few injuries as well.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/spor...lling-14071639

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

Not sure he can do that
    It looks like it all came to a head after their latest home defeat......the Chairman resigned and Derry got the dreaded "show of support"......actually their season was looking pretty good up until 5 games ago

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    It looks like it all came to a head after their latest home defeat......the Chairman resigned and Derry got the dreaded "show of support"......actually their season was looking pretty good up until 5 games ago
    Yeah, pity for him.
    As I said on the scores thread, a lot depends on whether the team wants to play for him. We'll find out today.

Looking at the quote again, it looks like they're setting a points total from the next 4 games, whilst demanding a style of play as well.

Notts A
    Barnet H
    Crewe H
    Colchester A

Good luck to him!

Does he still have that sidekick?

Glad to see him get the round of applause before kick-off. Also noticed Pilks was on their bench too.

Being 3-0 up and the match ending 3-3 could well make it worse for Dezza. I'd take their No 9 and No 10 tho.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Glad to see him get the round of applause before kick-off. Also noticed Pilks was on their bench too.
    Out of curiousity, why? I caught the tail end of his playing days for us as I started going in about 97ish but we've had plenty of players that have played more than 80 games for us that I doubt would be welcomed back too well, is it purely because he came through our youth team? He should have had rotten food thrown at him for his time managing us imo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast