+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Cambridge Utd. 23/12/17

You can say we're hard to beat, but 4 wins in 13 is not what you'd associate with a club going places. Maybe that first away win since September will make a difference but the transfer window is probably key. Just a couple of players can transform a side, I remember Bartlett and Dean Thomas pushing us over the line under Warnock.

Incredible comeback. 6 points above 4th and Accrington and Exeter lost too. COYP!

I think we'll be struggling with Ameobi and Forte at morcambe. Which is a shame as both Stead and Grant need a spell on the bench.

The defending was piss poor as a unit. But grant offered nothing today and Stead spends too long on his backside.

This side never gives up though. And even more amazing with both ameobi and forte injured, we pulled 3 goals back. Incredible really.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    I think we'll be struggling with Ameobi and Forte at morcambe. Which is a shame as both Stead and Grant need a spell on the bench.

The defending was piss poor as a unit. But grant offered nothing today and Stead spends too long on his backside.
    I think Forte will be out for a while injured, great effort to get the ewializer even though it was obvious he’s injured.

Halliday's antics were a disgrace. One thing rolling around when you've been fouled to get a player booked. But throwing yourself on the ground when Shola walks up to you was pretty poor form, especially when they were winning 3-0.

Strange game, Notts had loads of chances early on to get the early goal but neither Shola or Stead are out and out strikers though both had good chances and good hold/up play.

Cambridge caught us with a couple of sucker punches....their first was a stunner, Fitz never even moved, just looked at the ball in the net in disbelief......after that the game was very stretched, end to end stuff, great for a neutral.

Obviously they thought 3 was enough until Notts started the fightback.....Aless and Forte worked like a charm......great point in the end......enjoyed the game on my new Chrimbo present....a bigger desktop computer screen, Compaq WF1907........though the ball still keeps disappearing off the top of the screen 50 times a match....COYP

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Nobody could complain at a play-off position, even top half.
    I know Notts fans can be pessimistic but come on! Top half?

We have now played every team in the league and we sit 6 points clear of the playoffs! We may not win the league but we haven't been outplayed by anyone so automatic promotion shouldn't just be the goal, it should be more than achievable!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    I know Notts fans can be pessimistic but come on! Top half?

We have now played every team in the league and we sit 6 points clear of the playoffs! We may not win the league but we haven't been outplayed by anyone so automatic promotion shouldn't just be the goal, it should be more than achievable!
    We've done amazingly to be 2nd at the halfway point, but I just don't think we're playing like a promotion side. It's so compact now betweeen 3rd and midtable that we could easily find ourselves drifting down within just a few weeks if we don't start winning again. January will be key as we're short of ideas up front and at the back. Great comeback today but it's also hard to praise a side that goes 0-3 down to Cambridge at home.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 23-12-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Where do you start to sum up a game like that? We looked dead and buried simply because they took their chances and we didn't. Their first two goals were down to good finishing, the third was down to poor defending. At least heads didn't drop and we battled to a point which I think was deserved on the balance of the 90 minutes. On the face of it it's a poor result, but considering we were 0-3 down and the way other results went it doesn't seem that way.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast