+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we sure hecky is the 1

Who is there to replace hecky, with these new owners i think we will have alot more choice now and i think we ould have alot of interest. I understand that the team was torn to pieces in january but you cant blame that for crazy team selections but surely the new owners can see what is happening and either back him or sack him, but my worry is that even if he makes signing will he drop his favourites

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I don't think the injuries to Jackson and Isgrove have helped . I'm not a great fan of Jackson but we did seem a bit more solid before he was injured . Isgrove does seem to add balance and we had a good run when he was in the team . Yiadom too spent a fair spell out and his form is up and down . The McBurnie debacle didn't help either , there's a lot out of the HC's hands here . Who thought we wouldn't struggle this season mate and so it's proving .
    In all fairness Animal I dont think Adam Jackson did that much wrong did he this season, when most of us expected the worse when he was picked. And although its so annoying when a player becomes a 'sick note', Isgrove has been unlucky with his injuries.
    No the McBurnsley thing was an absolute debacle and all sorts of allegations can be and were made at the time, and hopefully they are all Swansea's fault.
    Yes I knew we'd struggle and Ive suggested that I thought we'd be in a worse position than this at the halfway point in the season. So we're 2+ points now ahead of the drop zone, and on this average we'll only make 42-ish points this season. That means relegation of course so something has got to change and improve. Im sure we all know that dont we.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Why do I have to Animal, Im simply pointing out (banging the same drum as you put it) that Hecky is fast running out of time now and maybe hes even run out of it already. How much is enough eh before we tell ourselves that this isnt good enough, not by a long shot.
    Realistic replacements you say ?. Well Ive no idea and I wish its something I/we didnt have to talk about. But hes taking us down right now, no doubt abouti it, and I want better than that. What do you and the other fans want ?.
    Well you keep repeating yourself every saturday night .

Hecky is your only target and you consistently fail to factor in the other decent reasons the team struggles .

Like it or not Hecky is best placed to manage this club right now , now he might not tick every box but believe me if anyone can keep us up it will be him .

If we can get past the usual saturday evening hissy fit and stamping up and down I'm hopeful we can debate the situation more intelligently one day .

In all fairness Animal I dont think Adam Jackson did that much wrong did he this season, when most of us expected the worse when he was picked. And although its so annoying when a player becomes a 'sick note', Isgrove has been unlucky with his injuries.
    No the McBurnsley thing was an absolute debacle and all sorts of allegations can be and were made at the time, and hopefully they are all Swansea's fault.
    Yes I knew we'd struggle and Ive suggested that I thought we'd be in a worse position than this at the halfway point in the season. So we're 2+ points now ahead of the drop zone, and on this average we'll only make 42-ish points this season. That means relegation of course so something has got to change and improve. Im sure we all know that dont we.

Nowt to do with clubs transfer policy then both in & out?
    Something has changed, a few days ago, we have new owners
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 23-12-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    If we can get past the usual saturday evening hissy fit and stamping up and down I'm hopeful we can debate the situation more intelligently one day .
    Well, you go first then kid.
    You really believe on this current form he IS the right man to keep us up etc. Well done to you for having so much faith, I wish I could be so optimistic.
    But back to the point again whether I do keep saying this every week, how or why does that prove me wrong just because I DO keep saying it every Satdy night ?.

Well, you go first then kid.
    You really believe on this current form he IS the right man to keep us up etc. Well done to you for having so much faith, I wish I could be so optimistic.
    But back to the point again whether I do keep saying this every week, how or why does that prove me wrong just because I DO keep saying it every Satdy night ?.
    He can only manage with the budget he's given , the age restriction and the fact he's only one voice in the recruitment team .

You not think the above makes this job extremely difficult to say the least .

You could have a bash at those factors or at least attempt to understand them instead of hanging the bloke out to dry because it's the easiest thing to do .

I think the new board didn't make their money by repeatedly making same mistakes.

I understand the budget and i that is not my issue, my issue is with his repeated team selection and players out of positions that is not a budget issue that js terrible management not knowing your team

Steve I'll bet you were amongst those last season criticising Johnson last season for his poor results with Bristol City
    He's the same bloke but the difference this season is he's been given backing with new recruits of some pedigree now just look at Bristols' [cue Zippy] results
    Might not be such a plonker after all

Quote Originally Posted by Kevthetyke View Post
    I understand the budget and i that is not my issue, my issue is with his repeated team selection and players out of positions that is not a budget issue that js terrible management not knowing your team

Has it occurred to you that he doesn't have a good enough squad & is woefully lacking in at least 4 positions
    You will not win games with only 7 or 8 competent players on the park

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast