+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bottlers...

Guys,I am well aware that mistakes were made and horrendous as they were,Queens absolutely blew the skunks away in the first ten minutes with some clinical finishing.Whilst I didn't expect that explosive start to remain for the whole 90 minutes.There was no reason for Queens to let the Saints back into the game virtually after the restart after the second goal.The Saints were shellshocked and were there for the taking.I was sure that a third goal was on the cards for Queens.Regardless,everyones opinions differ.It is torture for me to see Queens lose no matter what the score may have been.It was sheer hell on Saturday.You may see that score as being alright,sorry,not me.Wlll be at Falkirk on Saturday hopefully not being put through the mill again.Enjoy your Christmas!

i thaught queens played some decent football against stmirren we would and should have won this game if it wasnt for some horrendous mistakes ,what i didnt like about the game and where we can be improved on is lyndon dykes ,the lad cant seem to control a ball and stumbles about ,what does the manager see in this lad all the guys i speak to at palmy think the same what has to be done here ,well we have mcfadden who id play before dykes and also mr lyle ,big lyndon does run his guts out for the cause but thats just not good enough for me first touch and a bit of class is lacking ,im sure with more time and coaching he will get there but not at this moment ,mcfadden instead of dykes is the verdict from me ,which means we will prob also have to start playing it short from goalkeeper .

Very disappointing to lose, of course. Buddies were shellshocked but they got themselves in gear and played some good stuff themselves. I thought all three goals conceded were very poor from our point of view. A draw might have been the fairest result in the end for I didn't think we threatened their goal that much in the second half tbh.
    I almost typed great to see the Dobmeister score his 100th but I didn't until I saw the highlights! Heard the roar as I was betwen turnstyle and enclosure. Saw him get booked though! Is that the quickest QoS goal at Palmerston ever?

Joe McAlpine scored in 15 seconds in the 6-5 Morton game back in February 2002. Dobbie's was 18 seconds.

Bagapapa, we can compete in this league, - but first of all we need a goalkeeper who will come and claim crosses and he should be top of the list of signing targets for New Year.

The first Saints goal, as Naysmith suggested would never be seen in the under 10's, - let alone the Scottish Championship, - while their 3rd goal was (or should have been) a simple claim by Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Bagapapa, we can compete in this league, - but first of all we need a goalkeeper who will come and claim crosses and he should be top of the list of signing targets for New Year.

The first Saints goal, as Naysmith suggested would never be seen in the under 10's, - let alone the Scottish Championship, - while their 3rd goal was (or should have been) a simple claim by Martin.
    To be fair to Martin he looked to be hemmed in at the 3rd goal, he was however at fault for the first, only he knows what was going through his head when he came for that ball. Brownlie sold himself for the second goal and Kerr lost his man for the third, so a very poor day for the two centre halves and the keeper. At the end of the day it's all down to poor decision making, no more no less.

For the 3rd goal Marshall should have been covering the back post not the front.

Massive lack of communication for their opening goal. You either have a keeper who naturally commands a box or you don't. Weve had plenty of keepers over the years who have been fastened to the goal line.

Martin was in no way at fault for the first goal. Incredible anyone can say it wasn't entirely Brownlie's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersouth1919 View Post
    Martin was in no way at fault for the first goal. Incredible anyone can say it wasn't entirely Brownlie's fault.
    It's not really incredible that anyone can say it wasn't entirely Brownlie's fault, the fact is the keeper came a long way and didn't collect the ball. Brownlie either didn't get a shout or didn't hear one, if Martin is intent on coming that far for a ball he should've made sure his defenders heard him. Watching the video it looks like Kerr only leaves it for the keeper when he sees him, indicating he never heard a shout either. I personally think he made the wrong decision, there was two defenders to the one striker so he should've let them deal with it, put it this way it couldn't have worked out any worse.

At the end of the day Naysmith cannot be blamed for any individual errors caused by any players ..... at times his team selection or tatctics have been questionable but the recent mistakes are nothing to do with him

Must be frustrating for him

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)