+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brisley Red orYellow?

If Notts were 3-0 up with 16 minutes to go away from home and ending up drawing 3-3 it wouldn't make for a pleasant journey home. If one of their players had done a tackle like Brisley's , stayed on the pitch and went on to score and set up another goal I would be seething all the way back! Am I glad he got a yellow and Nolan was only spoken to ( move your head towards someone and even if you don't make contact you could bee sacked in the workplace ) ,goes without saying. But what do I know, I am only a " clueless fan " . For the record, I didn't applaud Derry , I know he saved us from relegation but that honour should only be reserved for someone special like Warnock. I would also like to applaud Fat Sam but after the way he left Notts it's something I could never do.

Talking of having blinkers on, Derry didn't save us from relegation, he had over half a season to guide a very strong team away from relegation and a decent manager would have had that squad mid table, he somehow managed to dragg it out till the final day and then managed to relegate us the season after.

Brisley's tackle was one footed and late, that's a yellow card, you can see as much in the highlights, had he gone in the same way two footed I would agree it was a red card, but he didn't therefore it was a yellow card foul.

As for Nolan "only getting a talking to", you're making out like he headbutted Derry and ignoring the fact that Derry did exactly the same as him only putting more effort into it. You might get sacked for it if you're a nursery teacher but it was a nothing incident, both managers did the same thing, neither of them were close to making contact and both deserved nothing more than a warning.

[QUOTE=Freeman25;38740808]Talking of having blinkers on, Derry didn't save us from relegation, he had over half a season to guide a very strong team away from relegation and a decent manager would have had that squad mid table, he somehow managed to dragg it out till the final day and then managed to relegate us the season after.

Brisley's tackle was one footed and late, that's a yellow card, you can see as much in the highlights, had he gone in the same way two footed I would agree it was a red card, but he didn't therefore it was a yellow card foul.

It doesn't have to be 2 footed to be sent off, if it's late, dangerous with intent which the ref obviously thought it was along with the majority of people on here and those that sat near us agreed with then it's a red. You obviously as someone else as pointed out are a little bit biased. But it worked in our favour for once so I am pleased about that.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    It doesn't have to be 2 footed to be sent off, if it's late, dangerous with intent which the ref obviously thought it was along with the majority of people on here and those that sat near us agreed with then it's a red.
    I'm confused. If the ref "obviously thought it was late, dangerous with intent" why did he only issue a yellow?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    It doesn't have to be 2 footed to be sent off, if it's late, dangerous with intent which the ref obviously thought it was along with the majority of people on here and those that sat near us agreed with then it's a red. You obviously as someone else as pointed out are a little bit biased. But it worked in our favour for once so I am pleased about that.
    Why would i be any more biased or unbiased than any other Notts fan? I just think a late tackle doesn't automatically equal a red card.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Why would i be any more biased or unbiased than any other Notts fan? I just think a late tackle doesn't automatically equal a red card.
    It doesn't but a late dangerous one with intent does, we will just agree to disagree, he didn't get one so all is well especially after yesterdays result.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234