+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Realistic January Targets

I guess it all depends on how much the new owners want to spend, and not just on transfer fees , but wages. I read somewhere that Bournemouth in their promotion season that their wage bill was 238% of their turnover, Huddersfield 137%.
    We do not necessarily need experience, but quality. We have had plenty of older experienced players in the past who have been rubbish and didn't give a ****.
    It would be great if we could get 2 or 3 quality players in. Matt James would be fantastic (send Gardener back). Chris Martin? I would send Ugbo back.
    Not holding my breath for box office signings, but still think we will finish fourth bottom

I'm confident we will spend a bob or two on replacements next month .

Now that could be contributing to wages via the loan market , players out of contract in the summer , smaller fee but higher wages .

I say this in the hope that common sense will prevail , we widen our net and face the real fact that if it's not addressed with more quality we will be relegated .

Surely people who have accumulated the wealth the ownership have couldn't possibly be so stupid as not to see the situation for what it is .

It wouldn't be the greatest of starts would it for new owners ?

What's more they will bear the blunt of the blame with the supporters and what's occurred in the summer will be conveniently forgotten .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123