+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will vaulkes

Will vaulkes

A don't get why people slate the lad. He maybe not the best but he's a 100 per cent player an gives all for the shirt. He's also got a worldie in his locker as shown again today. Was he playing centre half today?

Should have posted this last week m8 when he had a shocker in the first half

Had a great game. Will fit in anywhere for the good of the team.

Thought he played well today but honestly think he’s average.
    Correct about 100% effort though.

Good lower div player. 100%er. Cant pass for toffee but at least doesnt faff about with the ball in defence. A good header of the ball and, as we have seen. give him a couple of yards outside the area and he knows where the back of the net is. Not saying he is our long term solution to centre back position but he is as good as we have got there at the moment. Good squad player and would be ok as such even if we got back into the championship.

I don't think anyone has ever questioned his effort, just whether he's good enough to start in our midfield when everyone is fit. I'd say not. I think he's played better at centre half in the last game and a half than he has all season in midfield or at right back.

Someone on here will tell you there's a player there. He's more right than he's wrong

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Someone on here will tell you there's a player there. He's more right than he's wrong
    If only Vaulks', passes were more right than wrong, though... there would be a good player there...

I thought he was man of the match by a mile today. He gave away the free kick for their goal with a rash challenge but apart from that I thought he was brilliant at center back. Won loads of headers against bigger players and generally cleared the ball well all game and scored a great goal.

I think he might have eventually found his position. One game doesn't make him the next Arnie, but brilliant today.

It's more his long passes/balls, part of the problem is he doesn't look. His short passes are mostly spot on and are responsible for really good moves. He goes through spells where he doesn't go for the short passes for some reason but for the most part he's a good player. He's not been the only player making daft football decisions this season in some games most of them have been doing it, but he's the one the fans jump on for it more.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast