+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard

I've noticed in recent weeks that the screen has had a dodgy green stripe across the bottom, which was similar to the way the previous one broke, with various random blotches appearing on it. To be honest though, a scoreboard shouldn't break down like that. We paid a lot of money for it, and providing it is properly maintained it should last for donkey's years!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Shame it wasn't when we pulled it back to 3-3 tho. Had to keep looking at my phone to see how much time was left. SORT IT NOTTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The scoreboard stops at 90 minutes anyway

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I've noticed in recent weeks that the screen has had a dodgy green stripe across the bottom, which was similar to the way the previous one broke, with various random blotches appearing on it. To be honest though, a scoreboard shouldn't break down like that. We paid a lot of money for it, and providing it is properly maintained it should last for donkey's years!

A mate of mine had a dodgy green stripe across his bottom with various random blotches, not seen him for a while

Bring back 3 men in a box

I agree. It’s had that green block on it for some time. Without being an expert I’d hazard a guess that water ingress and exposure to the elements is probably the problem which causes certain elements of the scoreboard to fail.

The reason ours may be subject to failure is due to its proximity at the highest location of the ground. Also with the river nearby fog and mist and damp in the air are more common.

Maybe we need some form of waterproof housing to keep the scoreboard in and a plastic front to keep it dry?

The trouble is it gets left out in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I agree. It’s had that green block on it for some time. Without being an expert I’d hazard a guess that water ingress and exposure to the elements is probably the problem which causes certain elements of the scoreboard to fail.

The reason ours may be subject to failure is due to its proximity at the highest location of the ground. Also with the river nearby fog and mist and damp in the air are more common.

Maybe we need some form of waterproof housing to keep the scoreboard in and a plastic front to keep it dry?
    You could be right. I've got a huge clear plastic sheet in the shed which I use to collect the trimmings when I'm cutting the hedge in my back garden. I'll bring it with me next time!

You could be right. I've got a huge clear plastic sheet in the shed which I use to collect the trimmings when I'm cutting the hedge in my back garden. I'll bring it with me next time!
    That's a big hedge.

Funds for new scorboard or Player funds, it's a no brainer. We can manage without a scoreboard.

So it's now broken beyond repair then?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast