+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fyvie

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydufc View Post
    He could possibly be another Shaba exitee to free some more transfer window cash
    Briels

Quote Originally Posted by dundeeunitedfc83 View Post
    Disagreee I think that’s the best I’ve seen of Mcdonald
    Mcdonald was playing well until he dropped deeper imo. The young lad came on and did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    We were definitely poorer when he went off. The substitute positional wise was a bit of a head scratcher- a midfielder for a striker and dropping Macdonald deeper didn't work at all.
    Thought it was a positive statement myself. We were winning 2-0 and Chabba wanted to keep forcing the game. We all thought Flood but a) give him 6 more days & b) put on young Matty for a bit of extra energy & c) drop the experienced Scotty back a bit for a bit of collecting his own balls if you'll pardon the expression

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Thought it was a positive statement myself. We were winning 2-0 and Chabba wanted to keep forcing the game. We all thought Flood but a) give him 6 more days & b) put on young Matty for a bit of extra energy & c) drop the experienced Scotty back a bit for a bit of collecting his own balls if you'll pardon the expression
    I agree with you that it was a positive move to make but it didn't work imo.

Looks like it'll be Flood and Stanton in the middle on Friday. Might not be a bad thing as it would allow Matty Smith to be played up top beside McDonald which was the set up when we played them at Tannadice. Smith caused them a lot of problems at the back with his pace. Same again would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Looks like it'll be Flood and Stanton in the middle on Friday. Might not be a bad thing as it would allow Matty Smith to be played up top beside McDonald which was the set up when we played them at Tannadice. Smith caused them a lot of problems at the back with his pace. Same again would be nice.
    Matty Smith wont start agains St Mirren I dont think midfield of Mcmullan flood Stanton King with fraser just behind McD

What formation does Shabba have us playing these days? I've not been up for over a month so slightly out of touch.

There's a goalie and the rest run about a bit. When McMullan is making defensive tackles in our penalty box it's hard to pinpoint a formation. But if you must I'll give you 4-3-2-1.

Not sure what game some of you guys were watching but we played some superb football at the start of the second half and created loads of chances with McDonald involved in most of it. His link up play was excellent.

It stopped working when we resorted to lumping the ball up the park from goal kicks instead of playing it out from the back. Our defenders need to work harder to get on the ball but a lot of the time they don't want it, which isn't helped with Harry being too slow to get things going. Looking at Shaba, you can see he is frustrated too. In defence of Scobbie, he's a left footer playing at right back, and Quinn (who was very good again) is still settling in so hopefully this area will improve.

Another thing that was frustrating, and it happens when we're in the lead in matches, is having no one to hit at free kicks around the half way line. With no arial threat, we just punt it aimlessly forward and give away cheap possession.

In saying all that, compared to the last game against Livi, with almost the same personnel, our team is night and day. Keep up the good work Shabba.

It was a really good performance up to the hour mark then we kind of just stopped. 4-0 at the hour wouldn’t have flattered us.

I thought Smith was poor, very lightweight.

Gutted about Fyvie, it does look serious and he has been excellent, calm and assured these past couple of months.

McDonalds been very good, think he would be even more effective with a good quality partner.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)