+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would you do it?

Would you do it?

So it's the Saturday just two days before Christmas and you have a 7:30PM kick off. At game time the temperature is 10F (-12C) and will drop to 5F (-15C) during the game. Your season is over, you have nothing left to play for except pride as you are playing a local rival who are conquering all. Your star player is being rested and at least another half dozen of your top players are out. The game is being shown free and live on national TV. Would you as a true fan show up or watch from the comfort and warmth of the sofa?

Green Bay Packer fans did last night as their stadium was full as they sat in the freezing open air for 3.5 hours. They lost 0-16. Madness or just the role of the true sports fan?

ha ha I think American "football" is the worst sport in the world.
    I recently took my "soccer" playing daughter to watch a U17 international between USA and England and the flow of traffic towards the hot dog stand was horrendous. Obviously, the Americans have a short attention span....

ps the Americans are good at some stuff though.

I'd be there like a shot CAM. As a Texans fan, our season has been over for a long time but i still find myself watching the games online even though i'm pretty sure what the end result will be.

I did it every game apart from one last season so yes I probably would.

I'd be there too, I love the sport and my team the Broncos were also knocked out weeks ago too.

Did you see the Bills/Colts game a couple of weeks ago played in 3 foot of snow and a blizzard. In England the country stops if we get 2 inch of the white stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    I did it every game apart from one last season so yes I probably would.
    Haha Yak, you've packed in the away games this year because we were playing badly!

Don't think there's much point to american football really, bit of a poor stop start game for me, as for playing in snow, what's all that about then? what point are they trying to prove, must be dangerous even getting to the stadium.
    Last edited by millmoormagic; 24-12-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Yep mr Plastic 😆😆

I’m on a one man protest but I’m weak so will probably pack it in if we start winning 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Yep mr Plastic ����
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    So it's the Saturday just two days before Christmas and you have a 7:30PM kick off. At game time the temperature is 10F (-12C) and will drop to 5F (-15C) during the game. Your season is over, you have nothing left to play for except pride as you are playing a local rival who are conquering all. Your star player is being rested and at least another half dozen of your top players are out. The game is being shown free and live on national TV. Would you as a true fan show up or watch from the comfort and warmth of the sofa?

Green Bay Packer fans did last night as their stadium was full as they sat in the freezing open air for 3.5 hours. They lost 0-16. Madness or just the role of the true sports fan?
    CAM some of us did that for four years. Not quite as cold but some days you could see dogs being snapped off lamp posts....it was called Don Valley!

Merry Christmas pal