+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joey Barton

Joey Barton

I know he’s the footballer everyone loves to hate but his autobiograhy is an excellent read.
    Could have been one of the greats with a stronger and more stable upbringing. I’d give it away as a future prize only I’m reading it on Kindle (only 99p).
    Highly recommended with some interesting and very respectful views on Arthur Cox. Go so far as to say, if Arthur had had an earlier and greater influence then Barton would have avoided many of the trials and tribulations that have followed him around.
    He’s certainly got a huge ‘self destruct’ button but I remember him behaving very respectfully after our Wembley defeat and he does have exactly the (playing) qualities we currently need, imo.

ramAnag. I've read on my Kindle extremely interesting he's a complicated character extremely articulate Certainly comes across that he genuinely wishes he had done things differently Would I want I my club no thanks not he's not a good player he definitely is good But I don't think I could ever forgive someone who beat a team mate up and repeatedly kicked him in the head just because he didn't like a training ground tackle He also stubbed a cigar out in the eye of a young player just because the lad said something about his hair No sorry Dyche might forgive don't think I could

Tbf mista, I did say his ‘playing qualities’ would suit us. I’ll readily concede he’s done some dreadful things but with a better upbringing and better role models I think he could have been up there with the best. Like Gasgoine he fits into the category of so much talent, too much money and, despite obviously being a bright lad, not enough common sense. Sad.

ramAnag Yes he would fit our style no doubt about that Hard to see him and Johnson getting on at the training ground Think we will manage without him thank you 😊

JB, one of those extremely talented players you shouldn't touch with a bargepole.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I know he’s the footballer everyone loves to hate but his autobiograhy is an excellent read.
    Could have been one of the greats with a stronger and more stable upbringing. I’d give it away as a future prize only I’m reading it on Kindle (only 99p).
    Highly recommended with some interesting and very respectful views on Arthur Cox. Go so far as to say, if Arthur had had an earlier and greater influence then Barton would have avoided many of the trials and tribulations that have followed him around.
    He’s certainly got a huge ‘self destruct’ button but I remember him behaving very respectfully after our Wembley defeat and he does have exactly the (playing) qualities we currently need, imo.
    RA bet Arthur wouldn't have much respect for him lol

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA bet Arthur wouldn't have much respect for him lol
    Blimey mista, how long did you take dredging that up?
    Agree with your point about Arthur, but stand by what I said.
    Judging by the trouble he and his brother have got into his parents didn’t do much of a job.
    He’s a player that did a good job for a number of clubs at the top level and he did behave well at Wembley on that horrible day. Obviously he appears to be a bit of a psycho and that side of his character is, I agree, completely unacceptable in football or any other profession.

Blimey mista, how long did you take dredging that up?
    Agree with your point about Arthur, but stand by what I said.
    Judging by the trouble he and his brother have got into his parents didn’t do much of a job.
    He’s a player that did a good job for a number of clubs at the top level and he did behave well at Wembley on that horrible day. Obviously he appears to be a bit of a psycho and that side of his character is, I agree, completely unacceptable in football or any other profession.
    RA yes he was a good player Apart of me feels sorry for him He just gets the red mist and seems unable to walk away from confrontation Afraid he's unlikely to change with age

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA yes he was a good player Apart of me feels sorry for him He just gets the red mist and seems unable to walk away from confrontation Afraid he's unlikely to change with age
    Can’t say I feel sorry for him, mista. People with genuine talent who have things going for them and then throw it all away just frustrate me. From George Best to Joey Barton...having it all and chucking it away is unforgivable in my book.
    My sympathy lies with those who are powerless to improve their lot in life but I agree...he does seem unlikely to ‘change with age’.

Can’t say I feel sorry for him, mista. People with genuine talent who have things going for them and then throw it all away just frustrate me. From George Best to Joey Barton...having it all and chucking it away is unforgivable in my book.
    My sympathy lies with those who are powerless to improve their lot in life but I agree...he does seem unlikely to ‘change with age’.
    RA Yes people with genuine talent and don't use it frustrate me That's why I'm always going on about Tom Lawrence

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)