+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Christmas games

The Christmas games

Remember at this time 4 years ago in the middle of season 2013-14, we'd just appointed Danny Wilson again and we had the 2 post christmas games to look forward to against Bolton & Derby. Ok we lost both of those games and we went down that season anyway lol, but the attendances were swelled a bit because of the appointment.
    And Im wondering if the attendances for these two up-coming games against Preston & Reading will be improved upon because of the recent takeover. Its our first home games under new ownership and a chance to welcome in the new, and say a final thank you to the outgoing owners etc.

Xmas , other commitments to family etc , Carnt see many moor turning art so the usual 11 to 13 k , shame because Boxing Day matches at Oakwell always used to bring back the memories of how football was back then , Pipe smoking , the odd Hamlet or Manikin cigar smell around the ground coupled in with the decent Bovril /Oxo smell , sumdi pyssin darn ya trarser leg ( SB ) behind Brewery Stand , good days ,
    Happy Xmas and a very Good and Healthy New Year to ALL

But theres also the Christmas cracker deal 2 games for £30. Might lift the attendance and good gesture by the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Xmas , other commitments to family etc , Carnt see many moor turning art so the usual 11 to 13 k , shame because Boxing Day matches at Oakwell always used to bring back the memories of how football was back then , Pipe smoking , the odd Hamlet or Manikin cigar smell around the ground coupled in with the decent Bovril /Oxo smell , sumdi pyssin darn ya trarser leg ( SB ) behind Brewery Stand , good days ,
    Happy Xmas and a very Good and Healthy New Year to ALL
    Family committments eh Mr. Roma, is that all the way over in Italianoland ?.
    Anyway heres some christmas cheer, this for me is the best ever intro to a film... ever!!. lol

" Its that time, christmas time is here, everybody knows theres not a better time of year...
    hear that sleigh, santa's on his way... "

No Acido i will be attending the match as normal on Boxing day , Home is where the heart is ! My heart is here , Felicė Natalič Amico , love the life you live , and live the life you love , Ciao ROMA

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    No Acido i will be attending the match as normal on Boxing day , Home is where the heart is ! My heart is here , Felicė Natalič Amico , love the life you live , and live the life you love , Ciao ROMA
    I might have a couple of glasses of Lambrusco this week, thats a nice bit of Italian christmas tipple isnt it matey ?.

No mate its an horrible drink , treat yourself to a nice Amarone , Molto Benč , Salutė