+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brisley Red orYellow?

Brisley Red orYellow?

Was sat right in line with it, thought it was red all day long, thoughts?

Never. Their bloke made a big deal out of it, but brisley was entitled to challenge for it. Yellow was the right decision.

I was expecting a red from the way he went into the tackle.

It looked more dramatic than it really was. There players went down far too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    I was expecting a red from the way he went into the tackle.
    That’s an important point and I thought that he lined himself up for it, to be fair to Thor player I thought Brisley was reckless at best. Another way to ask, if it was the other way round would you have expected their player to walk? The ref let a lot go imo.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    It looked more dramatic than it really was. There players went down far too easily.
    The ref didn't help, at least 2 dives should have been yellow cards.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    From the angle I had, it was clear that the Cambridge player had time to jump and sold it like a WWE wrestler. Brisley was late, but it didn't look two-footed. Only in modern day football could there have been any doubt that it was a yellow, and credit to the referee for not reacting to the blatant pressure from the Cambridge players.

Wow , how did we get away with that! Great comeback and the fact somebody as started a thread about Brisley says it all , red all day long, but I will take it. Nolan was lucky as well, went in with his head on Derry who went back at him. Shola MOM, I would have gave it Fitzsimons ( who had no chance with any of the goals ) , well he certainly was our best outfield player ! Just a thought on a new striker in January ,I would go for their number 9, Ikpeazu , went to Cambridge last season and we couldn't handle him and he was just as good today.

Right back for them was cheating throughout the game so ref saw through his acting skills ...yellow card all day long and on any other day a possible red but like I said the ref knew what he was dealing with.

Well, if you judge it by the standards that the ref oversaw the rest of the game with, it wasn't even a yellow.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast