+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chesterfield game - stay or sack for manager

The midfield is absolutely key and we don't really have one. DA has fiddled about too much with 'spare' players. It's about time he played a lot more attention to it. The lack of a real midfield means that we find it difficult to influence things at either end of the pitch. It's also the reason we rarely clear the ball from corners/free kicks.
    However,it can't be denied that we have severely missed Jones and Wintle but I don't think the former will play for us again.
    I believe Lowery will be good but we shouldn't be playing him so often.
    It is about time Walker was given a sustained run in the team as defensive midfield behind 2 central midfielders. I' d then play Ainley behind Porter/Reilly/Dagnall (whichever 2). This is 4-1-2-1-2 (with a diamond). It can easily be changed with either Kirk/Cooper for a bit of wing approach as long as this means they get behind rather than crossing from deep.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    The midfield is absolutely key and we don't really have one. DA has fiddled about too much with 'spare' players. It's about time he played a lot more attention to it. The lack of a real midfield means that we find it difficult to influence things at either end of the pitch. It's also the reason we rarely clear the ball from corners/free kicks.
    However,it can't be denied that we have severely missed Jones and Wintle but I don't think the former will play for us again.
    I believe Lowery will be good but we shouldn't be playing him so often.
    It is about time Walker was given a sustained run in the team as defensive midfield behind 2 central midfielders. I' d then play Ainley behind Porter/Reilly/Dagnall (whichever 2). This is 4-1-2-1-2 (with a diamond). It can easily be changed with either Kirk/Cooper for a bit of wing approach as long as this means they get behind rather than crossing from deep.
    We are getting beat too easily by very ordinary teams and whether that is down to the manager or the players are not up to it, I don't know? But its difficult to sell players in a struggling team and will be interesting whether Cooper goes or not and it also makes it easier for academy players NOT to sign extensions as one any club will give them more if they don't and secondly if non league is on the horizon? If I was a board member, I think I would want to think about the future direction of the academy and whether they may be asked for a big wad of money to keep that going and the club in general. Most clubs beating us are not exactly the Sheff Utd's and Preston are they! They are just clubs who have strong players which we seem not to have and ours coming directly from the academy is always going to be a struggle.

Time for a rethink and see Vale are doing better now with the same players and just a change in manager?

Still impressed with Shrewsbury and look like they could be heading for the Championship if they keep on...

Very ordinary teams. How do you know? didn’t think you attended any more.
    Think somebody else mentioned... the opposition are always poor, whether we win lose or draw. Or, if you look on the opposition forum after we have won (rare) we were always a poor team that ‘we’ shouldn’t have lost to.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Very ordinary teams. How do you know? didn’t think you attended any more.
    Think somebody else mentioned... the opposition are always poor, whether we win lose or draw. Or, if you look on the opposition forum after we have won (rare) we were always a poor team that ‘we’ shouldn’t have lost to.
    How do i know they are ordinary teams?

Have you checked our league position in Div2 recently and this is the basement of the football league. These are very VERY ordinary teams, otherwise they wouldn't be in Div2 would they? Perhaps Mcgarry and Morse are biased AGAINST us every game then? I think they give a fair summation of play as why wouldn't they? Div2 is a POOR league based on the FACT is is like the old Div4 and we can't be much good can we and have a million pound a year academy? It's laughable really as its a big time academy with a board that has lost the plot but it's their money not mine and I have no intention of paying such a ridiculous price on the gate anyway. You pay your money and so you have to put up with it. I don't! Every time we get beat by these very ordinary teams, I ask the very same question? How much do they spend on their academies and what's the betting its a fraction of ours. I don't read opposition forums.

I do believe that we are not getting value for money with our Academy. All the coaches they are obliged to have IMO do a very poor job of preparing our graduates for pro football. They are not prepared for the rigours and demands of league football.

But regarding the present situation of our 1st team, I feel this has little to do with the academy. The blame has to lie directly with us having a very poor manager. His team selection, particularly in the midfield is woeful. The only time this season we have had a decent midfield was when NG , Pickering, and Grant were the heart of the team. But DA got rid of that as soon as he could. With the transfer market opening it is the correct time for a change of manager.

Sorry Mike but I have to disagree with your comments about McGarry and Morse. They may comment accurately during the game, but they sit on the fence never once offering reasons, or apportioning blame for our current poor position. In contrast if you listen to the commentators for the Stoke or Vale games they are never slow on voicing constructive criticism. What is Morse`s favourite comment "I can understand why they have done that". Wow that is telling them. As for McGarry he never asks leading questions in the interview after the match.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    ..... this is the basement of the football league. These are very VERY ordinary teams, otherwise they wouldn't be in Div2 would they?

What’s your point, Mike?
    They are ordinary, but so are we!!!
    So that cancels each other out, thus making it a non-point!
    We have no divine right to beat any of the other teams just like they have no divine right to beat us!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    ..... Div2 is a POOR league based on the FACT is is like the old Div4 ...........

Correction!
    League 2 is not a poor league, it’s just worse than League 1 which is worse than the Championship which is worse than the Prem!!
    The National League, however, may be a poor league ..........but it can’t be because that is where the National League North & South come in, or maybe they are not so poor because of the Southern, Northern and isthmian Leagues – and so it goes on!!

I’ll tell you what *is* a poor league.
    The Men’s Sunday football leagues I see at the park sometimes when I go wandering by. And then there’s the U7s at the nearby school. Some of the football there is shocking. Clueless tactics, clueless passing and the shooting – they can barely kick a ball.

No. Trust me, League 2 isn’t anywhere near as bad as you make out.

Actually Somerset, the men’s Sunday leagues could be absolutely fantastic leagues, but have really poor teams in them.

Damn you, man!
    You're diluting my point!

The fact of the matter is it does not matter and the team until the boa

The fact of the matter is that it does not matter who picks the team at present until the board shows an interest in what happens on the field of play gives the manager eleven Footballers Not Youth Players

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast