+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chesterfield game - stay or sack for manager

But our manager is a commited pro academy enthusiast. It is his choice of team selection, so the buck stops there.

You actually expect our board to do something about our current situation. My advice would be don`t hold your breath.

The home grown players are not the problem. In fact, they have been our better players all season. It is the brought in players who have at times under achieved

Big Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    The home grown players are not the problem. In fact, they have been our better players all season. It is the brought in players who have at times under achieved
    Home grown players not the Problem?? Cooper scored ONE GOAL all season worse record than AJ and he was rubbish,along with Saunders another who failed,after YEARS at the club,so that not a problem then. The Academy doing ok is it producing players worth they weight in Sand.

Is there a current player from our academy that is likely to fetch a reasonable fee in the current climate . I doubt so and this then brings in the question should we keep the academy . I have heard rumours that the club has sold young prospects to other clubs before they even get near the first team so they are making money from the academy. Any views on this

Because of the way the game has gone in recent years the transfer market doesn't favour lower league clubs selling players for big money. However, there is more to the benefits of an Academy than selling players for £1million or more. We are benefiting from having players graduate to the first team. Several started the game for us today and played very well in very poor conditions. Cooper may have only scored the one goal this season but I have lost count of the assists he has provided. Ainley also looks a very good player as does Lowery, Ng and of course the goal keeper. So, Itwasin, home grown players are not the problem. They are the solution!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Because of the way the game has gone in recent years the transfer market doesn't favour lower league clubs selling players for big money. However, there is more to the benefits of an Academy than selling players for £1million or more. We are benefiting from having players graduate to the first team. Several started the game for us today and played very well in very poor conditions. Cooper may have only scored the one goal this season but I have lost count of the assists he has provided. Ainley also looks a very good player as does Lowery, Ng and of course the goal keeper. So, Itwasin, home grown players are not the problem. They are the solution!
    Been hearing this argument for the Past 5 Seasons near the foot of the table how good the Academy players are and what good prospects they are but when was the last one the club sold?? just not good enough the league position dont lie so its not a solution,its a burden. I agree the Goalkeepr is good but why no one wants him?? the rest are going nowhere in todays market.

I repeat, it is not just about selling million pound players. I agree that that is a desire. But the fact that it doesn't happen every season doesn't mean it is failing. The facts are that Cooper, Ainley and Lowery are amongst our best players. Not sure how often you go and watch the team but it is definitely unfair to judge their standards without seeing first hand

We won 2 - 0 today by the way.

Our league position tells a story and I hear fans saying we have good young players in the first team who have come from the academy. Well the proof will be in the pudding if another club wants to buy any of our players, then they are good players if not they are just average players in a team towards the bottom of the league. Football is a business and we must not wear rose tinted glasses re our club and players. We can debate all this to the cows come home but it is the board who will make / not make the correct decisions on the clubs future.
    I feel the most important thing to be sorted is the sale of the shares held by NH. Once this is sorted then the club can move forward . Can anyone please give an update on how this is progressing as it appears to have been dragging on for years since JB had to admit they were in negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    Our league position tells a story and I hear fans saying we have good young players in the first team who have come from the academy. Well the proof will be in the pudding if another club wants to buy any of our players, then they are good players if not they are just average players in a team towards the bottom of the league. Football is a business and we must not wear rose tinted glasses re our club and players. We can debate all this to the cows come home but it is the board who will make / not make the correct decisions on the clubs future.
    I feel the most important thing to be sorted is the sale of the shares held by NH. Once this is sorted then the club can move forward . Can anyone please give an update on how this is progressing as it appears to have been dragging on for years since JB had to admit they were in negotiations.
    It would be interesting to know how many players we have sold over the last 20 years and how many ended up in non league as that would give some indication of how good academies are. Some have gone for millions that is true but the cost of the academy also cost millions too which some fans seem to forget. But if as it seems they now accept those days gave now gone, does that not suggest the model needs to be revised?

Hundreds must have started in our academy over the years and thousands more at other academies and the PL suggests its all been a waste of money when even mediocre players are going for 20 million there and we can't sell what we consider as very good players for a pittance?

As you said, the ball in in the Board's court, not the fans..

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast