Walker maybe sitting on the bench because they don't see him as a midfielder. Yes he has certain attributes for the position. that is to say he can pass the ball and tackle to some degree. However, he has less pace than me and I am over 60!! The situation with Ray, Jones and Wintle has absolutely snookered the management team because it would have been reasonable to expect Jones back before now. As it is, I suspect Wintle is nearer a return than Jones or Ray. Ray should definitely not be rushed back because his would be considered a difficult injury to recover from. Jones may have to bite the bullet and maybe play through some discomfort. The bottom line is that Walker needs to find a bit of pace from somewhere or he ain't gonna make it as a player above National league, Which is a shame because he looks to have ability.
On a different note, it really hacks me off that every time we get a good result it is because the team we are playing are so bad. This is totally unfair on the players. We beat Crawley comfortably on the day because we were easily 3 goals better than them. The following match they won fairly comfortably at "high flying" Accrington. So, let's give some credit where it is due!