+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chesterfield game - stay or sack for manager

Chesterfield game - stay or sack for manager

This game is so important in the terms of points , So the question is if we lose do we look to sack the manager or stick with him. There appears to be a lack of understanding on the shape of the team for the game and how to alter it in a match. I have read numerous reports on past matches and all fans are saying the same thing on how things need to change during a match but the management appear to see things differently.

We need to address this slide or we will find ourselves in non league football next season and then we will have problems that we have never had before.

On a brighter note - Merry Christmas to all Crewe Alex fans

Well I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping we will get a win. But if Chesterfield were watching us on Saturday it seems a big ask.

For me immaterial of the result I have no doubt, he should go. I fully expect him to name virtually the same side that were so bad. Perhaps one change seeing Cooper dropped. Do not believe he will make the changes that are so drastically needed. He will stick with the same selection that has been a disaster all season. Do not believe he is ever going to learn. Our team is so unbalanced it is virtually impossible to play proper football. Apart from being ao dreadfully physically weak.

We got a 3-0 win against an obviously awful side and DA kidded himse;f that this was the improvement and turn that we needed. But then when we got hammered he keeps the team in the dressing room for an hour. Wonder if any of the seasoned pros told him the truth?

That leads to something I have wondered about for a few years. In the modern game when things are going badly for a team, are players free or allowed to express an opinion? Not confident it happens at our club

All the best to everyone.

I feel the way Cooper left the field and walked down the tunnel tells its own story and I do not expect him to be playing again for a while if at all .The midfield needs seriously looking at and if this is done then and only then may we stand a chance of picking up points .
    If we fail at Chesterfield then the board need to be bold and state to us fans what there plans are for the future if DA stays and we get relegated. If we are relegated then this seasons problems will seem small to what will be awaiting us in lower league football . The whole structure of the club will have to change and they cannot even do a mall change to get us out of the mess we are in now so God help us if we do go down

My feeling is that the club cannot afford to sack the manager (compensation) after getting shut of the last one less than 12 months ago. Of course, there is the argument that the club cannot afford to drop into the National League. Cash flow is possibly a big problem at the club and I would imagine that they are stuck for money, after so few transfer fees coming in in recent years. Times are tough for the smaller league clubs right now and we are no exception.

Do not think compensation is an issue regarding whether DA gets the sack or not. If he gets the sack it is obvious who will be manager, Kenny Lunt. So they would not have to replace the manager. Therefore no extra expenditure.

The decision should be made on his performance and results solely. For me I fail to see any reason for keeping him. Lets be honest our midfield is an utter joke this season, and the main reason we are in this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    I feel the way Cooper left the field and walked down the tunnel tells its own story and I do not expect him to be playing again for a while if at all .The midfield needs seriously looking at and if this is done then and only then may we stand a chance of picking up points .
    If we fail at Chesterfield then the board need to be bold and state to us fans what there plans are for the future if DA stays and we get relegated. If we are relegated then this seasons problems will seem small to what will be awaiting us in lower league football . The whole structure of the club will have to change and they cannot even do a mall change to get us out of the mess we are in now so God help us if we do go down
    They need to sell fkc this site jumping

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    They need to sell fkc this site jumping
    They need to sell fkc this site jumping....

I have just installed *******er Plus and so its stopped the clayheads adverts for a while at least...but I was going to say that the club needs to sell Cooper and so unlikely they will rest him over the Christmas period at least. I wonder if they now think it would have been better to have sold him to a L2 club earlier for a reported 6 figure sum whatever that was?

He also set a bad example to the other kids by leaving the pitch in that manner and shows what is wrong also at this club from the so called 'glory days' when it was called an 'academy' when they all think they are entitled to be PL players...

DA said that George Ray had a few things to say in the dressing room but didn't elucidate....

You are the best ones to judge the players but the league table never lies and haven't done so for the last ten years while the Directors have kept the very same expensive model going but the money will dictate what happens next. They must be running short by now.

I must admit I'm impressed at what Shrewsbury Town are doing in L1 and seem to be heading for the Championship and no expensive academy there...I wonder if our Directors have thought there may just be other ways to succeed? Why have they just offered DA a 12 month rolling contract when we may get relegated? Would any other club be doing that? Maybe incompetence is their middle name?

It could well be that our players are just not good enough too...Those million pound academy graduates seem a long way away...

ATB everyone anyway..

I would expect a win or draw tomorrow to paper over the cracks but something is sadly amiss at this club as Alexmick said..

We can discuss the pro's and con's of what is going wrong at the club till the cows come home but only the board can alter anything ,. If they see things differently to us then we are in trouble . Even Radio Stoke are hinting at trouble at the club so its over too the directors for some action but I doubt we will get any .

I was at the ga,e and both goals were at the far end of the ground so I did not have a clear view of them . However having seen them on the football show I am concerned about our forwards. The first by Porter who had a clear view of goal from 6 yards decided to pass to Dagnall but had a defender between them and the ball hit him and went in . The pass was not on target so in my book this was an own goal. The second goal was also possibly an own goal. Take away these two goals and we offered little threat against a poor team .

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    I was at the ga,e and both goals were at the far end of the ground so I did not have a clear view of them . However having seen them on the football show I am concerned about our forwards. The first by Porter who had a clear view of goal from 6 yards decided to pass to Dagnall but had a defender between them and the ball hit him and went in . The pass was not on target so in my book this was an own goal. The second goal was also possibly an own goal. Take away these two goals and we offered little threat against a poor team .
    I was at the game too and thought we threatened quite a bit, second half we were clearly just trying to deny possession and not risk too much and that obviously worked. Chesterfield were awful though and looked like a team doomed to drop. I don't think we can take touch heart from this or the Crawley game.

I'd say the interesting bit for me is should Artell be doing better with the players has? He's obviously been hamstrung by Ray and Jones injuries stretching on longer than anticipated but there's still a few big issues for me. Walkers head must be spinning, signed as a midfielder , played as a defender, dropped as a defender and now watching a midfield that looks woefully short on presence from the bench.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast