+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memories

Memories

Eugin bopp .
    Michael Keane
    Martin woods
    Jody morris
    Vernatze
    Good laughs .
    Morris especially.

Gijsbert Bos. I'll never forget his white boots. He was quite brave to wear them back then 'cos he knew he'd be a target, especially with his build. He's probably a very interesting bloke, and he certainly played at a much higher level than I ever dreamed of :-)

Saturday will be my 50th anniversary as a Millers fan. A 1-0 win over Preston. This is the team as i remember it.
    HILL, Swift, Hague, Quinn, Watson, Tiler, Bentley, Wilcockson, Rabjohn, Storrie, Clish may have been in volved. Any one remember some of these guys?

Moore,
    Towner
    Fern
    Brecks
    Finney
    Forest
    Stancliffe.
    Crazy horse

Every one of them Jocks. Hill was probably nearly as good as you.

Omg gow

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Saturday will be my 50th anniversary as a Millers fan. A 1-0 win over Preston. This is the team as i remember it.
    HILL, Swift, Hague, Quinn, Watson, Tiler, Bentley, Wilcockson, Rabjohn, Storrie, Clish may have been in volved. Any one remember some of these guys?
    Remember 'em all.... saw Swift, Hague, and Bentley, play for the Millers U-18 team too (good home-grown talent)

Blimey, I remember listening to the latest Rolling Stones album with Dave Bentley and Chris Hudson in Brittains.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    I remember all of them and most of them were better than the players we have today.

Thanks for the comparison to Alan Hill, Sota, but think your memory is slipping. Hill played for Forest in the top division, during the era of Banks, Shilton, West, Stepney. Any other time he could have been an England contender. Sadly, an injury ended his prospects too early.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast