Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 169

Thread: ABERDEEN v Partick Thistle

  1. #1

    ABERDEEN v Partick Thistle

    It will be interesting to see how we set up against Partick Thistle at Pittodrie.
    A match we are clearly expected to win so the pressure is on us to take the game to them.
    3 points Del...nothing less.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    It will be interesting to see how we set up against Partick Thistle at Pittodrie.
    A match we are clearly expected to win so the pressure is on us to take the game to them.
    3 points Del...nothing less.
    Assuming all fit I think DM will go with a 4-2-3-1;

    Lewis
    Logan Arnason McKenna Shinnie
    O’Connor McLean
    Stewart Christie GMS
    Rooney

    Subs; Rogers, Considine, Reynolds, Ball, Ross, Wright, Maynard.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    It will be interesting to see how we set up against Partick Thistle at Pittodrie.
    A match we are clearly expected to win so the pressure is on us to take the game to them.
    3 points Del...nothing less.
    Back to the tried and tested formation, I'd have thought. Only issues appear to be an injury to captain Shinnie, that negated his influence in the 2nd half on saturday, and whether Logan has recovered from his weekend sickness bug. May out till after the winter shutdown

    Lewis

    Logan/Ball
    Arnie
    McKenna
    Considine

    Shinnie/O'Connor
    McLean

    GMS
    Christie
    Stewart

    Rooney

    Thistle are a decent side on their day but make no mistake, they are up here to defend for their lifes and a point would be a massive scoop for them, so lets pick up where we left off v Hibs a week past saturday

  4. #4
    COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

    No doubt they’ll park the bus and look to hit on the counter.
    I’m confident we’ll pick them off and win though.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Foggy Dump
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Assuming all fit I think DM will go with a 4-2-3-1;

    Lewis
    Logan Arnason McKenna Shinnie
    O’Connor McLean
    Stewart Christie GMS
    Rooney

    Subs; Rogers, Considine, Reynolds, Ball, Ross, Wright, Maynard.
    I would definitely take that team. Think that would give us a comfortable win.

  6. #6
    How about starting Maynard? Give him 60 or so minutes to convince us he's worth keeping. We can hardly tell a lot about the player from the odd 5 or 10 minutes he has played so far.

  7. #7
    How long is May out for?

  8. #8
    Why isn't this game being played this afternoon. Seems daft playing it on Wednesday night.

  9. #9
    3-0 us

  10. #10
    I expect Scott Wright to start, he’s done well against them the last couple of games.

    Hopefully Logan and McKenna are fit again too. Ball, Considine and Reynolds to make way for these 3 with either Stewart or Mackay-Steven missing out to get Christie back in.

    2-0 us

  11. #11
    My team to face Partick

    Lewis
    Logan
    Shinnie
    Arnason
    McKenna
    GMS
    Stewart
    Christie
    Ross
    Wright
    Rooney

    My guess at Del’s team
    Lewis
    Logan
    Considine
    McKenna
    Arnason
    O’Conner
    McLean
    Shinnie
    Christie
    Rooney
    GMS

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    My team to face Partick

    Lewis
    Logan
    Shinnie
    Arnason
    McKenna
    GMS
    Stewart
    Christie
    Ross
    Wright
    Rooney

    My guess at Del’s team
    Lewis
    Logan
    Considine
    McKenna
    Arnason
    O’Conner
    McLean
    Shinnie
    Christie
    Rooney
    GMS
    Just the four wingers?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    23,815
    In/Oot - Oot

    Furryboots - Mid air

    Pre-Flying to Paris

    Post-Flying to Luanda

    Prediction- 0-0


    Side note Alan Archibald was sitting next to Mason and Me at Dumbarton today.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by donsman View Post
    Just the four wingers?
    We could certainly play more attacking and go 4-4-2 (or very similar 4-4-1-1) or a 4-3-3. Plenty options to create opportunities. 4-2-3-1 is not a formation you could play with these players but who cares...I want my team to score goals and entertain the paying public.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Side note Alan Archibald was sitting next to Mason and Me at Dumbarton today.
    Should have quizzed him about tommorow evening and get the info to Del asap...he will need all the help he can get !

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    23,815
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Should have quizzed him about tommorow evening and get the info to Del asap...he will need all the help he can get !
    I would love to know if he was scouting someone as i wouldnt have a clue who it was. Hopefully Christian Nade

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    My team to face Partick

    Lewis
    Logan
    Shinnie
    Arnason
    McKenna
    GMS
    Stewart
    Christie
    Ross
    Wright
    Rooney
    And people complain about DM team lottery.

    What formation would they play? Looks like a 4-0-6... miss out the midfield altogether then.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    It will be interesting to see how we set up against Partick Thistle at Pittodrie.
    A match we are clearly expected to win so the pressure is on us to take the game to them.
    3 points Del...nothing less.
    Are you In or Oot Red_John?

    In - South Stand
    Pre - Driving
    Post - Driving
    Prediction - 2-0

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Side note Alan Archibald was sitting next to Mason and Me at Dumbarton today.
    Name:  20171227_071911.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  23.7 KB

  20. #20
    In - Merkland
    Pre - Just about to leave to get first of 3 trains (weather permitting - snowing heavily in this part of England)
    Post - beers in town
    Prediction - 3-1

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •