+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ABERDEEN v Partick Thistle

Boring ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Boring ****s.
    Just giving an opinion mate...don’t read if not interested instead of the pathetic insults.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I don’t need to be at the match to understand that shooting on target is the best way to score goals.
    I appreciate a win is a win so don’t take a hissy fit because I am concerned by our lack of enough shots on target.
    More signings like Niall McGinn will certainly improve us as a goal threat....something we are needing to improve on.
    No hissy fit, but just pointing out that SOT is just part of the overall review of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    With McGinn and Hayes last season he only scored 8 from open play in the league in 38 games.

So I think your point is a nice bit of logic you've made up but has no basis in reality.

Celtic 4-1 Aberdeen - pounced on a defender mistake
    Kilmarnock 0-4 Aberdeen - given the ball way outside the box and slotted it past the keeper
    Aberdeen 2-1 Hamilton - tap in from a Maddison rebound
    Aberdeen 7-2 Motherwell - 1 yard open goal from Hayes pass, 1 yard tap in from McGinn corner
    Aberdeen 1-0 Ross County - unknowingly bounced off him from McLean cross
    Dundee 0-7 Aberdeen - header from a Logan cross
    Hearts 1-2 Aberdeen - rebound from a Pawlett shot

If we look outside the league

Aberdeen 1-0 St Johnstone - header from a cross from Shinnie
    Aberdeen 2-0 Morton - cross from Shinnie headed back across by Considine
    Hibs 2-3 Aberdeen - pounced on a mistake

This is correct however he was missing all of those chances. I've just sat through a bunch of self nutmegs, so close to reaching the ball efforts (too slow to react), and multiple attempted overhead kicks watching the highlights of last season's games.
    Exactly.

I think its you rst who knows nothing about football.

Service yer erse.

Drop hom and buy a striker who CAN make opportunities for himself.
    He's a waste this season with 1 goal in ever 5 games.

He's guilty of gone missing in so many games yet is not allowed to be criticised.

Youre just a moaning hun really.

You're hate for Scotland is boring.

Why don't you join englandmad.

They'd love you honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Problem as I see it is we're already "after Rooney" if by Rooney you mean a guy who scores consistently.

He's just not he player he was.

1. He was never a great all-round player. Other than goal-scoring he's an honest trier but too lacking in pace and skill to make much contribution. He puts himself about a bit but hasn't got enough physical presence or strength to me more than a minor nuisance to defenders. Having said that, he used to be able to contribute quite a bit more than he does now. Won a few headers, got on the end of more. His sharpness has dipped and to be honest he's often not much better than a passenger when he doesn't score.

2. He's scoring much less frequently. This season so far he's scored in 4 games out of 20 starts. In 2017 he's started 43 games and scored in 10. IMO we can't afford the luxury of a player who contributes so little that he's a virtual passenger in 33 games out of 43. Even those stats are a bit flattering, because they will include pens.

I like Rooney. He's an honest pro who, as people have rightly said was a massive, massive improvement on the dross we had up front for many seasons before him. That version of Rooney will be very hard for a club like ours to replace. But the Rooney we have now is no longer that player, and IMO we need better.
    Ok that's 2 of us making sense.

Phew.

Be careful dolly. Youll be criticised for knowing nothing about football...

Oh wait...rst cant write that about top reds can he?

Bwuck bwuck bwuck.....

LOL

We could get joe harper back.

He could stand in the box all season and if he doesnt score, we can then say but but he has scored 126 goals in 207 games for us.
    He just needs the service.

My point being ...both Rooney and Harper are legends.
    We should NEVER forget that of course.

But if we are simply happy in quoting old stats from years ago and not actually spending some dosh on a proven goalscorer, then what's the point?

We all want AFC to be better right?

I get the loyalty with Rooney. I like him too but maybe itz time to move on unless things change and qe gwt him back to his best.
    Maybe McGinn can do that.

Maybe mcginn should replace him as striker.

Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalposter View Post
    We could get joe harper back.

He could stand in the box all season and if he doesnt score, we can then say but but he has scored 126 goals in 207 games for us.
    He just needs the service.

My point being ...both Rooney and Harper are legends.
    We should NEVER forget that of course.

But if we are simply happy in quoting old stats from years ago and not actually spending some dosh on a proven goalscorer, then what's the point?

We all want AFC to be better right?

I get the loyalty with Rooney. I like him too but maybe itz time to move on unless things change and qe gwt him back to his best.
    Maybe McGinn can do that.

Maybe mcginn should replace him as striker.

Hmm.
    We signed May to take over as the main striker.
    He does provide more up front than Rooney and I’m confident that will only continue to improve.
    Rooney has his place in this squad, he did a very good job on Wednesday. He pulled their CH’s out of position to allow Christie and Shinnie to drive past him into the holes.
    He also linked very well when dropping deep.
    Rooney is a confidence player and needs a run of games to get the most out of him.
    We are progressing beyond him, but he is still invaluable in the squad.

We’re not progressing beyond Adam Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Goalposter View Post
    Exactly.

I think its you rst who knows nothing about football.

Service yer erse.

Drop hom and buy a striker who CAN make opportunities for himself.
    He's a waste this season with 1 goal in ever 5 games.

He's guilty of gone missing in so many games yet is not allowed to be criticised.

Youre just a moaning hun really.

You're hate for Scotland is boring.

Why don't you join englandmad.

They'd love you honestly.
    Yes.
    You’ve got me sussed.
    I’m a hun.
    Dearie f*cking me.

What you know about football you could tattoo on Jimmy Krankies cock on a cold December evening at Pittodrie.

Is that your answer to anything that's correct and you dont agree with.
    You're a greetin faced coward who sticks to the same depressing formula every week. Zzzzzzz.

You've made a few belters yourself and made to look an erse.

Your dislike of me shouldnt mask my good points.

Just because you're not into Scotland , the team and all our country's glory doesnt mean you should be childish about it.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast