+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ABERDEEN v Partick Thistle

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You watched a different game to me then.

Stewart was one of our better players.
    McLean was buzzing and was all over the pitch
    Christie was decent, but was trying to do too much himself, often over doing it.
    Your right with GMS though, it was not his night.
    Ah well, one thing we agree on.

To a man and woman, all of us on the main stand side of the Merkie chortled when it came over the tannoy that GS was Sponsors MoTM. But I look on Twitter and on here, and folk think he did allright.

Opinions, aresholes etc etc

I think he's slower than a week in Craigie, and far far too ponderous when in possesion.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Greg Stewart Sponsors Man of the Match? Chortle. Two or three bottles of festive wine, I think. I just don't see what he brings to the table. Poor again tonight

GMS never got going.

Christie, once again, good game and great vision to pick out Rooney for the winner. McLean, expect more from him

Defence was solid as a rock, but in saying that, Thistle were awful, not helped by missing 6 players tonight.

Onwards to the Hearts game. Will be physical. Not sure if Consi is struggling for that one but I'd expect us to revert to AOC in the midfield cover role, with Arnie and McKenna reunited
    I actually thought Stewart deserved MOTM tonight just shading Christie,there were good examples of close control and passing skill from a number of our players tonight plus our new obligatory back heeler attack technique on a night when the loudest noise from the stands was the collective teeth chattering. Thistle strangely still maintained their game plan of time wasting despite being a goal down. Shinnie avoided getting booked and 3 points into the bargain so its not all bad.
    Was a tad worried that we may have yet another couple of players out for tarts game but hopefully they will be fit .I get the impression that the team are starting to gel as a unit now so hopefully onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Parker
    Goodwillie
    Zola
    Stockley
    Burns
    McGennis
    Storey
    Maynard

suggests otherwise...

Hardest skill in football consistently scoring. Rooney does. End of .
    100%

Every club wants a guy who scored a **** load of goals. We will take years finding another after Rooney.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalposter View Post
    Consistently scoring?

U avin a larf???

6 goals in what nearly 18 hours of football suggests otherwise.

Not good enough sorry.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by erchieplum View Post
    I actually thought Stewart deserved MOTM tonight just shading Christie,there were good examples of close control and passing skill from a number of our players tonight plus our new obligatory back heeler attack technique on a night when the loudest noise from the stands was the collective teeth chattering. Thistle strangely still maintained their game plan of time wasting despite being a goal down. Shinnie avoided getting booked and 3 points into the bargain so its not all bad.
    Was a tad worried that we may have yet another couple of players out for tarts game but hopefully they will be fit .I get the impression that the team are starting to gel as a unit now so hopefully onwards and upwards.
    I agree, thought he just shaded it too.

Reckon the Hearts game will be a tough bore fest of a 0-0 draw

Best advert for summer football you can get!

That was f@@king miserable.

Still. 3 points. GTBI.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Parker
    Goodwillie
    Zola
    Stockley
    Burns
    McGennis
    Storey
    Maynard

suggests otherwise...

Hardest skill in football consistently scoring. Rooney does. End of .
    As Johan Cruyff once said of Filippo Inzaghi "he can't actually play football at all, he's just always in the right position".

But then Milan were brimming with world class talent. Rooney is a luxury we can afford against weaker teams but he's probably not the sort of player we need against Celtic at Parkhead. But as you point out, McInnes has tried to sign a different kind of striker on several occasions whether it's a target an or a tireless worker who plays in the channels and none of those signings have worked out.

We are tight ****ers thats why.

We can afford a better striker.

Get one.

Club has no ambition.

Dm trying different cheap options is just plastering over the fact that Rooney isn't banging them in.

I blame him..the lack of service..dm and the boatd.

Its ****e really.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    100%

Every club wants a guy who scored a **** load of goals. We will take years finding another after Rooney.
    This x 100

He has limitations, but we have criedrout for this type of player for years.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    but deemed good enough to come on at parkhead........can't make the 16 at home to lowly partick thistle. no sense in the the decision making

Now Reynolds and Ball used rather than Harvie and Ross. youngsters thought preferable for der hun at Pittodrie, but not Thistle. I wonder why it's the only game ever he has introduced youngsters and early in the game. you would think he was for the off......normal service resumed. Bring on the championship / league one sackings.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast