+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ABERDEEN v Partick Thistle

Quote Originally Posted by GlezgaRed View Post
    Take Considine for example as the experienced left back, how many goals have we shipped from his position this season ?
    Would we have shipped just as many if an actual left-back in say an inexperienced Harvie was playing the position ?
    The flaw with McInnes when it comes to youth players is that he generally only uses them as a last resort.
    We won against Thistle last night and deserved the win. We must improve on our shots at goal though. I was informed that we had 4 shots on target last night against them. Maybe the January window can’t come quick enough to improve on what we have currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalposter View Post
    Consistently scoring?

U avin a larf???

6 goals in what nearly 18 hours of football suggests otherwise.

Not good enough sorry.
    A goal every two games.
    1/2
    0.5/90

STFU

Quote Originally Posted by milne_afc View Post
    A goal every two games.
    1/2
    0.5/90

STFU
    Really???

You're talking utter shyte.

Im talking this season. The facts are facts.

Crawl out of rooneys erse and go back under yer rock ya bam.
    Last edited by Goalposter; 28-12-2017 at 01:55 PM.

He's scored in 4 games out of 20.

Thats 1 every 5 games.

Pish really.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    100%

Every club wants a guy who scored a **** load of goals. We will take years finding another after Rooney.
    Problem as I see it is we're already "after Rooney" if by Rooney you mean a guy who scores consistently.

He's just not he player he was.

1. He was never a great all-round player. Other than goal-scoring he's an honest trier but too lacking in pace and skill to make much contribution. He puts himself about a bit but hasn't got enough physical presence or strength to me more than a minor nuisance to defenders. Having said that, he used to be able to contribute quite a bit more than he does now. Won a few headers, got on the end of more. His sharpness has dipped and to be honest he's often not much better than a passenger when he doesn't score.

2. He's scoring much less frequently. This season so far he's scored in 4 games out of 20 starts. In 2017 he's started 43 games and scored in 10. IMO we can't afford the luxury of a player who contributes so little that he's a virtual passenger in 33 games out of 43. Even those stats are a bit flattering, because they will include pens.

I like Rooney. He's an honest pro who, as people have rightly said was a massive, massive improvement on the dross we had up front for many seasons before him. That version of Rooney will be very hard for a club like ours to replace. But the Rooney we have now is no longer that player, and IMO we need better.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Problem as I see it is we're already "after Rooney" if by Rooney you mean a guy who scores consistently.

He's just not he player he was.

1. He was never a great all-round player. Other than goal-scoring he's an honest trier but too lacking in pace and skill to make much contribution. He puts himself about a bit but hasn't got enough physical presence or strength to me more than a minor nuisance to defenders. Having said that, he used to be able to contribute quite a bit more than he does now. Won a few headers, got on the end of more. His sharpness has dipped and to be honest he's often not much better than a passenger when he doesn't score.

2. He's scoring much less frequently. This season so far he's scored in 4 games out of 20 starts. In 2017 he's started 43 games and scored in 10. IMO we can't afford the luxury of a player who contributes so little that he's a virtual passenger in 33 games out of 43. Even those stats are a bit flattering, because they will include pens.

I like Rooney. He's an honest pro who, as people have rightly said was a massive, massive improvement on the dross we had up front for many seasons before him. That version of Rooney will be very hard for a club like ours to replace. But the Rooney we have now is no longer that player, and IMO we need better.
    We can always try and upgrade and Stevie May is an all-round better player...I just can't see him scoring as many as Rooney. There are lots of reasons for that of course.

The penalties he scored shouldn't be scorned. Not many players out there who will have only missed the one.

Thats 1 every 5 games.

Pish really.
    Rooneys record is 83 goals in 175 games which is a goal every 2.1 games.

Don't worry now his buddy is back he will be back to scoring regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Rooneys record is 83 goals in 175 games which is a goal every 2.1 games.

Don't worry now his buddy is back he will be back to scoring regularly.
    Fingers crossed

Thats 1 every 5 games.

Pish really.
    Anyone who knows much about football (which I seriously doubt you do from reading your posts) will tell you, it's largely a lack of service that has resulted in a reduction in Adam Rooney's goals.
    The number of crosses we used to put across the face of the goals when we had Hayes & McGinn has significantly reduced.
    Oh aye, and factor in half the games he hasn't played as Stevie May has played at "9".

Rooney hasn't become shyte this season.
    HE'S not changed. The team has.

What's changed is two things;
    1) the lack of service from out wide as said above.
    2) change in style of play - We're not as quick and a bit more "deliberate" in the build up.

Stick to talking shyte about Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Anyone who knows much about football (which I seriously doubt you do from reading your posts) will tell you, it's largely a lack of service that has resulted in a reduction in Adam Rooney's goals.
    The number of crosses we used to put across the face of the goals when we had Hayes & McGinn has significantly reduced.
    Oh aye, and factor in half the games he hasn't played as Stevie May has played at "9".

Rooney hasn't become shyte this season.
    HE'S not changed. The team has.

What's changed is two things;
    1) the lack of service from out wide as said above.
    2) change in style of play - We're not as quick and a bit more "deliberate" in the build up.

Stick to talking shyte about Scotland
    The talk of Rooney being past it or sh@te was baffling

Clear as day its because he doesn't get the service

Hopefully McGinns prodigal son act with get Adam back on track.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast