+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: ABERDEEN v Partick Thistle

Quote Originally Posted by Goalposter View Post
    I never accused you of those though.
    Not saying you have. But it has been known

In all honesty I joined here in 2009 when I started going offshore to fill in time and it works.

Proven years ago.

Why are you all banging on about his effectiveness from yesteryear.

Do you actually want us to move forward or not?

Baffling.
    Did Rooney take his chance against Thistle???

Would you rather we took a chance that Maynard may have also taken that chance?

Do you want us to progress and "move forward". What a baffling statement from you.

Next.

I wanted Maynard to get 70 minutes v partick.

If shyte then bin.

He needs a decent chance.

Rooney has had plenty and scores 1 in every 5 games on average.
    To me this isnt good enough.
    We NEED A NEW STRIKER.

Keep Rooney..keep Maynard if he proves himself in just 1 game against lesser opposition.if not..bin.

Its really obvious.i want what's best for AFC too.

Rooney is far far too ineffective this season.

Id love him to get more goals.

Rooney also missed a sitter.

Who knows if Maynard or May wouldve got into that position.
    Who knows if Maynard would have scored more.
    We certainly wont find out if he plays the last 10 minutes whereas we have found out Rooney HAS been ineffective most games thiz season with 18 hours of football.
    Last edited by Goalposter; 29-12-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Rooney scored the winning goal before the 70min mark.

I heard from an ex colleague of Maynard that he was the most natural finisher he had ever seen. I got excited about that when he signed. I'm sure a goal would give him a major boost but he hasn't really had a crack. Dare I say "theres a player in there somewhere". But then again how many times does that get reeled oot. Hes the kind of player that will move on and probablly bang them in

Maynard is either shyte or McInnes thinks he’s shyte. If that wasn’t the case, he’d be in the team.

Rooney HAS been ineffective most games thiz season with 18 hours of football.
    Rooney scored the other night.
    He also had a goal disallowed.
    He got in positions to score if picked out by teammates.
    He also created space for others.

Maynard was presented with a great chance v Hibs the other game and he dillies and dallied until the defender got back to block the effort. Rooney would have got his shot away earlier

Your criticism of Rooney is unjust.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He didn’t only score 6 goals from January till the end of the season he scored 9 goals,20 goals for the season and the 3rd season in a row where he has scored at least 20 goals.

His goals have given us a lot of wins over the years and before he came here games like last night were usually 0-0 results more than not.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...&season_id=149
    I didn't claim he only scored 6, I said he scored in 6 games (out of 23). When a player's contribution otherwise is so little that he only justifies selection when he scores I think it's valid to look at how many games he scores in. That's 17 games where he would have contributed little.

There are various issues looking at Rooney's stats I think:

1. The way his goals per game ratio has significantly dropped in the past couple of seasons. IMO this invalidates arguments that he should be being played because of his goals/game ratio since he came to the club - he's not the same player as the one who was scoring prolifically before.

2. Yes 20 goals for last season is an impressive headline stat. When you dig deeper, though, it doesn't look so great. 5 pens, so 15 outfield goals from 52 appearances. His goals tend to be clustered together, often in easy wins against lesser opposition (2 against Stranraer, 3 in the the Motherwell rout). In his final 17 games last season he scored 4 times.

Normally I'm not a big fan of judging a striker purely on his goals stats, I think you have to look at the overall contribution. But the Rooney of the past couple of seasons is so often a near-passenger in terms of his general play that he can only be picked on the basis of scoring goals. For me at least he's not doing it often enough.

Maynard started 3 or 4 games early in the season and looked bang average at best against relatively weak opposition. He ran about a lot though.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    I didn't claim he only scored 6, I said he scored in 6 games (out of 23). When a player's contribution otherwise is so little that he only justifies selection when he scores I think it's valid to look at how many games he scores in. That's 17 games where he would have contributed little.

There are various issues looking at Rooney's stats I think:

1. The way his goals per game ratio has significantly dropped in the past couple of seasons. IMO this invalidates arguments that he should be being played because of his goals/game ratio since he came to the club - he's not the same player as the one who was scoring prolifically before.

2. Yes 20 goals for last season is an impressive headline stat. When you dig deeper, though, it doesn't look so great. 5 pens, so 15 outfield goals from 52 appearances. His goals tend to be clustered together, often in easy wins against lesser opposition (2 against Stranraer, 3 in the the Motherwell rout). In his final 17 games last season he scored 4 times.

Normally I'm not a big fan of judging a striker purely on his goals stats, I think you have to look at the overall contribution. But the Rooney of the past couple of seasons is so often a near-passenger in terms of his general play that he can only be picked on the basis of scoring goals. For me at least he's not doing it often enough.
    Absolutely this^^^

I dont see what fans here aren't getting.

I make valid points and get treated like some ignorant idiot lol.

Well said Dolly for seeing his lack of contribution too.

Its blatant.

We all like Rooney ok but to simply back him because he had 3 brilliant seasons for us 2 years ago is understandable but hypocritical.

Everyone else gets pelters for performing sub par.

Why not Rooney?

Fact is we need strikers who can SCORE.

not 1 is doing that on a regular basis.we all know that so surely all of them need to be questioned as to why theyre getting a game or not.

Maynard isnt the only weak link therefor.

Mcginn will hopegully make a difference to these guys hitting the back of the net.

Here's hoping.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast