+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Teeside Tony it is then

I'm to believe that Tony Pulis used to drive up from his south coast home to manage the Albion. How many days that is a week I dont know but I don't think you should be doing that much travelling if you want to be then focused on whats at the other end of the journey.
    However Middlesbrough, surely to god he's not gonna trapse up there and back all the time. Sounds like he may have to get himself a bedsit somewhere close.
    At least we wont be seeing him on MOTD

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    But most of the Boro supporters are pleased with the appointment! Unless, I need a white stick the football under Pardew has not improved and 3 points from six matches says it all. The passing and creativity tonight was shocking and even a Everton supporter summed it up - " if you can't beat us on tonights performance you deserve to go down" Dead right as Everton like Stoke and Swansea were crap!!!!!!!

Fact is Newcastle and West Ham supporters would have driven Pardew to us so is this ambition replacing this clown with Pulis? Then again, Big Sam will be on a fortune which West Brom would never pay! That's the difference.
    Another 99 times mate to post the word Newcastle. I'm counting.
    You didn't go to the game did you? I was hoping Santa had bought you the book "football for Dummies" and you had read it.
    You really don't have a clue do you? The football has improved but you wouldn't know because you don't really understand the game. I only hang round here in the vague hope that one day you may talk some sense but it ay gonna happen is it?
    NOT ONE OF THEM IS A PARDEW SIGNING. NOT ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    You didn't go to the game did you? I was hoping Santa had bought you the book "football for Dummies" and you had read it.
    You really don't have a clue do you? The football has improved but you wouldn't know because you don't really understand the game. I only hang round here in the vague hope that one day you may talk some sense but it ay gonna happen is it?
    A bit of perspective on Pulis signings, and for that matter, on any WBA head coach signing, might be that that they (head coaches) don’t have ”free hands or unlimited options”. Others make the key decisions (owner(s), board, recruitment departement).

I wouldn’t be surprised when Pulis signed HRK he got the alternative/ultimatum: You want a forward, you can get HRK or no one (or possibly SwedishBaggie)? I know who I would have chosen given that alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    A bit of perspective on Pulis signings, and for that matter, on any WBA head coach signing, might be that that they (head coaches) don’t have ”free hands or unlimited options”. Others make the key decisions (owner(s), board, recruitment departement).

I wouldn’t be surprised when Pulis signed HRK he got the alternative/ultimatum: You want a forward, you can get HRK or no one (or possibly SwedishBaggie)? I know who I would have chosen given that alternative.
    Swedish all day long for me ,

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    Swedish all day long for me ,
    😂😊

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer1962 View Post
    I'm to believe that Tony Pulis used to drive up from his south coast home to manage the Albion. How many days that is a week I dont know but I don't think you should be doing that much travelling if you want to be then focused on whats at the other end of the journey.
    However Middlesbrough, surely to god he's not gonna trapse up there and back all the time. Sounds like he may have to get himself a bedsit somewhere close.
    At least we wont be seeing him on MOTD
    I drive close to the entrance to the Boro training facility at Rockcliffe Hall on a Tuesday, Thursday and Friday morning on my way from Yarm to the Golf club where I play just south of Darlington. I wonder if I could charge him an extortionate amount of money to rent my spare bedroom as I am sure those dates would fit in very well with what he needs for the few months he is at the club before he gets the sack at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post

Points on the table just like cash in the tills in shops - this is what matters. Had the second half been three hours last night, we would not have scored. Pardew still picks the team and he still picks Livermore and Rondon! Why?

Still an improved team on the one that finished 10th last year! Should a new manager not at least bring confidence so where is it! Dawson would have buried that glaring first half miss last year!

Never disagreed that it was the right time for Pulis to go but Pardew? The end of January when it's too late, our Board may start to wake up............

NOT ONE OF THE PLAYERS ARE BIG SAMS TEAM BUT EVERTON ARE CLIMBING THE LEAGUE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Points on the table just like cash in the tills in shops - this is what matters. Had the second half been three hours last night, we would not have scored. Pardew still picks the team and he still picks Livermore and Rondon! Why?

Still an improved team on the one that finished 10th last year! Should a new manager not at least bring confidence so where is it! Dawson would have buried that glaring first half miss last year!

Never disagreed that it was the right time for Pulis to go but Pardew? The end of January when it's too late, our Board may start to wake up............

NOT ONE OF THE PLAYERS ARE BIG SAMS TEAM BUT EVERTON ARE CLIMBING THE LEAGUE!!!!!
    Everton parked the bus didn't they?...we haven't had that much experience of breaking down a team that does that...we battered them for long periods and with a little more skill would have beaten them quite comfortably.

Do you not see the difference (BigAl) between yesterday's performance and the ****e that Pulis had us playing? I don't think you do. Even Liversalts managed to get in Everton's penalty area.
    I've got a feeling you're one of these nouveaux fans who's never kicked a ball, but tell your 'buddies' you're a big footy fan.
    I'm heartened by our approach yesterday, and if the quality of set-pieces were better we could have beaten Big Sam's team comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    Do you not see the difference (BigAl) between yesterday's performance and the ****e that Pulis had us playing? I don't think you do. Even Liversalts managed to get in Everton's penalty area.
    I've got a feeling you're one of these nouveaux fans who's never kicked a ball, but tell your 'buddies' you're a big footy fan.
    I'm heartened by our approach yesterday, and if the quality of set-pieces were better we could have beaten Big Sam's team comfortably.
    He ay got a clue mate. He doesn't read or take in anyone's posts.
    Their midfield contained Bolasie and Gylfi look how much they payed for them pair. We shouldn't compete with them let alone play them off the pitch.
    We have needed a forward for two years but the idiot wasted £15m on Burke who 5 months later has done nothing.
    His negativity towards Pardew is laughable. Just what is he supposed to do with that team?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)