+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bury Post Match Thoughts

Bury Post Match Thoughts

Snowed in here and suffering a severe 'code brown' so not been today and not sure to make of it? Stats show a generally balanced game but the scoreline would suggest different. Net result is that we are back on the fringe of the playoffs but maybe more realistic only 14pts away from the mythical 50 to survive in League 1.

Thoughts?

We were the better team by far today CAM.
    Keeper caught, covered annd punched well.
    Emanuel just isn't nimble enough at the end of his runs but he releases the pressure so well at times
    Mattock has improved no end since Purrington came back ont bench.
    Ajayi still makes errors but in the right areas of the pitch. He nearly got another goal at te end and is improving.
    Vaulks, I critisised him during the match. He has no left foot to clear the ball when needed and they played on that. His right foot however is different, no one should make a ball do that for the goal. He was better today in midfield
    Frex seemed to drift out of the game but you can see what he does for us as a team. He lifts the whole lot of them and they preform for him as a captain.
    Williams was doing excelently until the foul. Certainly not a red card but it effected his game. Still I thought he was better today than Saturday passed.
    Towell did well and was the engine at the side of Frex. I fear that he'll be out for a while. No one near him and something in his leg just gave way.
    Yates is improving as a team player, his runs are inteligent and his understanding will Ball is evident but he hasn't unfortunately had a clear chance at goal. I thought he was unfortunate to be subbed. We changed our style in the second half which suited Moore more.But Moores impact wasn't what we'd hoped for.
    Forde did well all gae. His choices in passing is improving and his runs are getting more direct.
    Ball took his goal well and caused havock all the way through. We're starting to see the best of him now. I fear that that will deminish if we keep Moore. Hopefully if we do those two can get a better understanding which would be a delight to watch.

All round pretty good to say they'll have had chips and turkey as is tradition on boxing day!
    Last edited by frogmiller; 26-12-2017 at 05:35 PM.

Bury were very, very poor and I believe! they'll be playing 2nd Division football next season, we did what we needed to do to get a comfortable 3 points

Next 2 games against better sides on paper. Vaulks back in midfield, Moore for Yates. Got to start the game with your best players. Leave them on the bench it's usually too late when you bring them on.

so we win 3 & draw 1 out of our last four games .. yet you would change the team really ..stick to fifa manager 2017.

Been to the match. Traffic on M62 was horrendous and we only got into the ground with a few minutes to spare before kick off. Goodish performance from the Millers against a Bury side that barely managed a shot on target in the game. We deserved the 3-0 scoreline, taking our chances well, but without looking in top form. David Ball always looked dangerous though and ran his socks off. Good performance from Frecklington, and good late goal from Vaulks. Towell didn't look quite right, even early on in the match. Great Millers following, and a well-deserved win.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 26-12-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Next 2 games against better sides on paper. Vaulks back in midfield, Moore for Yates. Got to start the game with your best players. Leave them on the bench it's usually too late when you bring them on.
    Agree with the point about starting with your best players but I thought Moore's latish substitution did make a difference today. Although he didn't score or flash anything particularly good, his mere presence drew much of the Bury defence's attention which gave Vaulks room to get his fantastic shot away. Tactically that was effective.

Agree with most of what Frog said and saw the game pretty much the same way. Keeper had a good solid match and that punch out from the corner in the second half was textbook. Shame about Towell. However, I thought he was a little less sharp than usual before his injury but we will miss him if he's now out for a while.

Bury had some decent footballers but we're a long way short of a team.

Leaves you feeling good a result like that. Hopefully we will capitalise on this tide of confidence going into two much tougher matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncang View Post
    Bury were very, very poor and I believe! they'll be playing 2nd Division football next season, we did what we needed to do to get a comfortable 3 points
    3 points, 3 goals away from home, clean sheet, that's all that matters.

Proved me wrong, I thought he would have gone with Icky and Kieffer back in the starting line up.

1st half we dominated against a poor side ( you can only beat what's in front of you).
    Rodak had little to do and what he did have he managed to do it competently and with confidence.
    Midfield looked good, supporting each other and finding space to accept a pass.
    2nd half they hardly got going for the first 30mins.
    Bury had us on the back foot without causing too many direct problems.
    Good to see that 3rd goal go in.
    Difficult to pick a Man of the Match, Frecks did really although I will choose Vaulks again & not just for his goal.

' Bend it like Beckham'....or ....

' Bend it like Vaulks'

Richie Towell was holding his lower back/ top of his right hip, hopefully it's just bruising & nothing too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Stats show a generally balanced game but the scoreline would suggest different.
    51% possession that Bury had was rarely near our goal... and their two shots on target (?) were not anything that troubled Rodak, in fact, I can't remember him having to make a proper save.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast