+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: brooks / grabban

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    yeah but if he helps us get in the play offs be worth it wouldnt it weve nowt to lose in a deal like that plus good money for chris to bring good quality players in that can take us to the next level providing of course he sees enough of the cash and thats another thread
    I tek Carpe's point but If he does go and we get offered him for the rest of the season in my view it'd daft not to tek him on loan. UTCB

I'd be a lot more keen if it was someone integral to the team like Coutts, Duffy or Fleck (although obviously no one will pay that amount of money for any of them), but as Brooks is a bit part player at the moment at best, I see no reason to bring him back and do the development work for whomever buys him.
    I'll probably regret that when he gets farmed out to a rival and shoots them to the top of the league, mind.

its a no brainer for a start he wont get in liverpools 18 so he might as well be in ours its only the same as jamal and ccv being with us one name i had forgot about at liverpool is danny ings know hes not got any game time with injuries but he scored goals for fun at this level with burnley and has no chance of breaking in to liverpools team dont know his current status with his injury though

If Liverpool (or any team for that matter) are bidding for Brooks - why accept £18m?
    We should insist on £20m as a minimum, what's £2m to an outfit who can spend £76m on some defender?
    How can we turn down £20m?
    The problem is, even if £20m was paid up-front, how much would be available to be spent on players?
    Surely a no-brainer, if Wilder can strengthen the team?
    We lack depth, look what has happened following one injury after the Burton game.
    As has been pointed out - one injury like that to Brooks & we do not have the sort of investment coming from anyone that allows us the luxury of holding on to such outstanding propects.

ive a feeling it will be 10 million plus add ons for me the club are actually in a decent position here if we hang on to him he can help us progress if we sell him which i believe we will chris should get funds to be competitive in the transfer market and bring a higher type of quality players to the club know it doesnt always work as our porcupine neighbours have found out but chris cant keep pulling rabbits out of the hat from leagues 1 and 2 utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    woody pal ,all day long, also danny ings
    Stoke have been linked with Danny Ings,West Ham,Newcastle&West Brom also,don't think we've any chance Twirls.UTCB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123