+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A genuine welcome on here to all football fans...

Talking A genuine welcome on here to all football fans...

I have been watching and reading a lot of posts on here recently and in some quarters we seem to have generated some rather nasty antipathy towards supporters from other clubs.

Footymad is all about the supporters of 92 football league clubs and even the higher echelon of non-league football teams having the craic and banter with each other.

RESPECT! Acido the Burnsley supporting Yorkshire tyke is getting dog's abuse for no other reason than he is a Burnsley supporting Yorkshire tyke.

Most of our regular forum members share goodwill 365 days of the year to every poster.

All I ask is we remember that Burnley cannot play football on their own. We have a shared history with almost all of the current 92 football league clubs and even the higher echelon of non-league football teams, let's remember to RESPECT our visitors please guys?

The days of bans and threats to ex-communicate from here are long gone, but it remains a viable option if courtesy, respect and bonhomie are not extended to each other.

Here here,we can have the banter without the need for nastiness creeping in.. At the end of the day we are all football fans of one club or another..

Always enjoyed banter with other fans, from the 50s when we all used to stand together. It was usually fun and interesting to hear their views on their team and the many different accents before TV dropped the plum London speech.
    If you wanted trouble you went behind the goals and some fans used to swap ends at half time.
    This site is not the Bee Hole end nor is it for A holes.

Well said sir!

I quite agree.

Some of the real football supporters follow unfashionable Clubs.I was delighted to meet a lovely group of Truro fans at a Midlands motorway service station the last time I travelled north.Some of the journeys people supporting northern or southern Clubs must face these days doesn't bear thinking about.

Let us all give a big welcome to anyone who comes on here

Giz a kiss then

Well said guys..majority on here are pretty decent and I enjoy the banter..I may even start posting here on a regular basis

Banter is what forums should be about, visits from Rev, Rammy, Newcywolf, Gards, Acido and all the rest brings about more spice if they are willing to have a laugh and be laughed at in the right spirit without taking offence which the above are.

Rev
    Kiss?
    But where?

this is a forum for burnley fans to talk about their club - go on a general forum if you eant to talk about other clubs with each other- i dont think i get nasty i just tell them yo get back on their own site- so OC doesnt speak for me as they sre not welcome by me- i cant stop them but dont like them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)