+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Go for it Tony

Sheff.U. last season brought in league 1&2 players in.Young and hungry,these same players are now outperforming very well paid squads.I would suggest to Tony, in January, we follow that route and see where it takes us.Three ***** positions would be both full backs and some pace in that midfield.Forget signing Keiffer,they'll want too much and it has forced us into playing a certain way involving hoof ball.David Ball is an exciting player and we should concentrate on bringing players around him to get the best out of him,just like Rossler did at Fleetwood.

It's not just players tho is it,the right manager the right coach in fact everything our club at the moment is not.

We are what we are, we were what we were before tony stewart came in...and we will be what we will be long after...millavanilla- 28-12-17...

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Sheff.U. last season brought in league 1&2
    players in.Young and hungry,these same players are now outperforming very well paid squads.I would suggest to Tony, in January, we follow that route and see where it takes us.Three ***** positions would be both full backs and some pace in that midfield.Forget signing Keiffer,they'll want too much
    and it has forced us into playing a certain way involving hoof ball.David Ball is an exciting player and we should concentrate on bringing players around him to get the best out of him,just like Rossler did at Fleetwood.
    Have to agree about doing it the Sheffield United way, unfortunately we're nowhere near that situation.
    Chris Wilder has done a tremendous job at the Blades.
    He must have got rid of near enough 20 players pre 2016/2017 season.
    They sold Che Adams for around £1.8M and Calvert-Lewis around £1.5M. They brought in Samir Carruthers in the January transfer window, more than likely an undisclosed fee for this one.
    I don't see us selling & buying to that extent.He had a squad of some youngsters with experienced players.
    Billy Sharp....30 goals last season was it ? Matt Done, Lafferty etc.
    Average crowd last season was near 22k, unfortunately we won't be doing it the Blades way...not just yet.

Ditto milla, we are what we are.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 28-12-2017 at 11:55 PM.

Colchester are taking a different route. Not sure what league theyre in or how well they are doing.

But they have ditched the junior academy. They have taken over a non league club (Maldon I think). They sign former premiership academy players who have not got contracts. They play them in the reserves and develop players through Maldon.

Interested to see how they progress. Not sure if its something for us.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Colchester are taking a different route. Not sure what league theyre in or how well they are doing.

But they have ditched the junior academy. They have taken over a non league club (Maldon I think). They sign former premiership academy players who have not got contracts. They play them in the reserves and develop players through Maldon.

Interested to see how they progress. Not sure if its something for us.
    TS is doing well to just about run one club so don’t even think of him attempting to run two.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345