+ Visit Aberdeen FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Niall Mcginn

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Turned into a bit of myth this about Wylde - HE wanted to leave to get more football. Pretty sure DM came out at the time & said he wanted him to stay.
    He was obviously a mistake though as he wasnt getting time as he was sh@te. There were rumours of a bad attitude too that Mcinnes didnt like. McInnes obviously didnt like him if he allowed him to go in less than 7 month

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He was obviously a mistake though as he wasnt getting time as he was sh@te. There were rumours of a bad attitude too that Mcinnes didnt like. McInnes obviously didnt like him if he allowed him to go in less than 7 month
    No doubt but he wasn't forced to leave. I just think this DM is ruthless in getting rid of folk talk is just that.
    If anything he's too loyal, but hey maybe that's how he attracts players to the club as they all seem to love him.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Your defence of him is admirable but hes barely looked like scoring, & barely looks interested.
    If we can end the loan I hope we do (provided we get a 3rd striker in)
    Have we EVER signed a centre forward for 6 months & hes not scored?
    It's not particularly a defence of Maynard; he hasn't been great. It's just pointing out that logically if you're using certain reasoning to explain why the other strikers aren't scoring so much, then the same logic has to apply to Maynard.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanFatche View Post
    It's not particularly a defence of Maynard; he hasn't been great. It's just pointing out that logically if you're using certain reasoning to explain why the other strikers aren't scoring so much, then the same logic has to apply to Maynard.
    i mind Andy Harrooow. we signed him from Raith Rovers ? Back in the 70s.

Seemed to doo everythingh right. But th ball just wouldn`t get in the net. Hit t bar , post,fanatastic saves from every Goalie . ....Shame !!

No ! Harrow. nae Harroow !!

No one, in the history of mankind, hit the woodwork more often than Andy Harrow.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    No one, in the history of mankind, hit the woodwork more often than Andy Harrow.
    Ill see your Andy Harrow... and raise you Tom Jones.

I (very) partially agree.
    Said similar in defence of Rooney & May.
    If Hayes & McGinn were here I think Rooney or May are on 12-15 goals as opposed to 5 or 6.

But that said, I reckon Id score more than Maynard.
    If we can off load (& replace) then we should try to.

Tom Jones was s'hite, I'll give you that, but Andy Harrow turned hitting the post into some kind of art form.

We don't like your logic here sonny.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’ll see your Andy Harrow... and raise you Tom Jones.
    Ha ha I was going to say Tommy "crossbar" Jones. And I'm old enough to remember "One Andy Harrow, there's only one Andy Harrow!"

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Ha ha I was going to say Tommy "crossbar" Jones. And I'm old enough to remember "One Andy Harrow, there's only one Andy Harrow!"
    I mind we drew Raith in a Cup after we`d signed Andy Harrow. went to that game with me Dad. Pretty sure Andy played in it ? Did hesscore in that one ?hhe dedefinily hi t the crossbar twice. One , at least with a header ?

( Nothing to do with McGinn or Maynard I know !!)

Oh aye, Hooray . McGinn``s back !!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    i mind Andy Harrooow. we signed him from Raith Rovers ? Back in the 70s.

Seemed to doo everythingh right. But th ball just wouldn`t get in the net. Hit t bar , post,fanatastic saves from every Goalie . ....Shame !!
    I mind being at Parkheid in the Mainer surrounded by the unwashed in 1981 when Harrow scored in a 1-1 draw. I also recall that we signed him fae Luton Town.

Quote Originally Posted by phuxachemin View Post
    I mind being at Parkheid in the Mainer surrounded by the unwashed in 1981 when Harrow scored in a 1-1 draw. I also recall that we signed him fae Luton Town.
    Correct. We signed him from Luton . . He started at Cowdenbeath , then scored 448 ( ? ) goals for Raith , before Luton bought him. Never got going there, and Fergie nipped in and brought him home.

Seems he only played 18 games for Us ?? Is that right ? Scoring 3 goals.

Fergie sold him on, ( Motherwell ? ) I mind he finally ended up playing for East Fife. A BIG thing when you are former Raith !! ( In Fife terms )

Quote Originally Posted by aldo1983 View Post
    we don't like your logic here sonny.

Hehehehe]
    ==

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456