Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 115 of 115

Thread: Niall Mcginn

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanFatche View Post
    It's not particularly a defence of Maynard; he hasn't been great. It's just pointing out that logically if you're using certain reasoning to explain why the other strikers aren't scoring so much, then the same logic has to apply to Maynard.
    i mind Andy Harrooow. we signed him from Raith Rovers ? Back in the 70s.

    Seemed to doo everythingh right. But th ball just wouldn`t get in the net. Hit t bar , post,fanatastic saves from every Goalie . ....Shame !!

  2. #102
    No ! Harrow. nae Harroow !!

  3. #103
    No one, in the history of mankind, hit the woodwork more often than Andy Harrow.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    No one, in the history of mankind, hit the woodwork more often than Andy Harrow.
    Ill see your Andy Harrow... and raise you Tom Jones.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanFatche View Post
    It's not particularly a defence of Maynard; he hasn't been great. It's just pointing out that logically if you're using certain reasoning to explain why the other strikers aren't scoring so much, then the same logic has to apply to Maynard.
    I (very) partially agree.
    Said similar in defence of Rooney & May.
    If Hayes & McGinn were here I think Rooney or May are on 12-15 goals as opposed to 5 or 6.

    But that said, I reckon Id score more than Maynard.
    If we can off load (& replace) then we should try to.

  6. #106
    Tom Jones was s'hite, I'll give you that, but Andy Harrow turned hitting the post into some kind of art form.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanFatche View Post
    It's not particularly a defence of Maynard; he hasn't been great. It's just pointing out that logically if you're using certain reasoning to explain why the other strikers aren't scoring so much, then the same logic has to apply to Maynard.
    We don't like your logic here sonny.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’ll see your Andy Harrow... and raise you Tom Jones.
    Ha ha I was going to say Tommy "crossbar" Jones. And I'm old enough to remember "One Andy Harrow, there's only one Andy Harrow!"

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Ha ha I was going to say Tommy "crossbar" Jones. And I'm old enough to remember "One Andy Harrow, there's only one Andy Harrow!"
    I mind we drew Raith in a Cup after we`d signed Andy Harrow. went to that game with me Dad. Pretty sure Andy played in it ? Did hesscore in that one ?hhe dedefinily hi t the crossbar twice. One , at least with a header ?


    ( Nothing to do with McGinn or Maynard I know !!)

    Oh aye, Hooray . McGinn``s back !!

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    i mind Andy Harrooow. we signed him from Raith Rovers ? Back in the 70s.

    Seemed to doo everythingh right. But th ball just wouldn`t get in the net. Hit t bar , post,fanatastic saves from every Goalie . ....Shame !!
    I mind being at Parkheid in the Mainer surrounded by the unwashed in 1981 when Harrow scored in a 1-1 draw. I also recall that we signed him fae Luton Town.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by phuxachemin View Post
    I mind being at Parkheid in the Mainer surrounded by the unwashed in 1981 when Harrow scored in a 1-1 draw. I also recall that we signed him fae Luton Town.
    Correct. We signed him from Luton . . He started at Cowdenbeath , then scored 448 ( ? ) goals for Raith , before Luton bought him. Never got going there, and Fergie nipped in and brought him home.

    Seems he only played 18 games for Us ?? Is that right ? Scoring 3 goals.

    Fergie sold him on, ( Motherwell ? ) I mind he finally ended up playing for East Fife. A BIG thing when you are former Raith !! ( In Fife terms )

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by aldo1983 View Post
    we don't like your logic here sonny.

    Hehehehe]
    ==

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •