+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Niall Mcginn

Quote Originally Posted by JuanFatche View Post
    It's not particularly a defence of Maynard; he hasn't been great. It's just pointing out that logically if you're using certain reasoning to explain why the other strikers aren't scoring so much, then the same logic has to apply to Maynard.
    i mind Andy Harrooow. we signed him from Raith Rovers ? Back in the 70s.

Seemed to doo everythingh right. But th ball just wouldn`t get in the net. Hit t bar , post,fanatastic saves from every Goalie . ....Shame !!

No ! Harrow. nae Harroow !!

No one, in the history of mankind, hit the woodwork more often than Andy Harrow.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    No one, in the history of mankind, hit the woodwork more often than Andy Harrow.
    I’ll see your Andy Harrow... and raise you Tom Jones.

It's not particularly a defence of Maynard; he hasn't been great. It's just pointing out that logically if you're using certain reasoning to explain why the other strikers aren't scoring so much, then the same logic has to apply to Maynard.
    I (very) partially agree.
    Said similar in defence of Rooney & May.
    If Hayes & McGinn were here I think Rooney or May are on 12-15 goals as opposed to 5 or 6.

But that said, I reckon I’d score more than Maynard.
    If we can off load (& replace) then we should try to.

Tom Jones was s'hite, I'll give you that, but Andy Harrow turned hitting the post into some kind of art form.

We don't like your logic here sonny.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’ll see your Andy Harrow... and raise you Tom Jones.
    Ha ha I was going to say Tommy "crossbar" Jones. And I'm old enough to remember "One Andy Harrow, there's only one Andy Harrow!"

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Ha ha I was going to say Tommy "crossbar" Jones. And I'm old enough to remember "One Andy Harrow, there's only one Andy Harrow!"
    I mind we drew Raith in a Cup after we`d signed Andy Harrow. went to that game with me Dad. Pretty sure Andy played in it ? Did hesscore in that one ?hhe dedefinily hi t the crossbar twice. One , at least with a header ?

( Nothing to do with McGinn or Maynard I know !!)

Oh aye, Hooray . McGinn``s back !!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    i mind Andy Harrooow. we signed him from Raith Rovers ? Back in the 70s.

Seemed to doo everythingh right. But th ball just wouldn`t get in the net. Hit t bar , post,fanatastic saves from every Goalie . ....Shame !!
    I mind being at Parkheid in the Mainer surrounded by the unwashed in 1981 when Harrow scored in a 1-1 draw. I also recall that we signed him fae Luton Town.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast