+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Niall Mcginn

Quote Originally Posted by Redmadders96 View Post
    Shocked and stunned that we have managed to get him back. Thought for sure he would go to Edinburgh................never been to happy to see someone rejoin.

Does this go down as a great day for DM and the club...........I think so. Would he have came back if DM wasn't here??? I don't think so.
    I am delighted he is back as he has been sorely missed.

Niall welcome back...........now lets get intae them.....HEED First

COYR
    Shhhhh!

You'll be labeled as a "happy clapper" with talk like that!!

Delighted to have Niall back and on a decent length of contract. Shows his commitment to the club.It will give us much more width and hopefully more goals from Rooney with improved service.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    Delighted to have Niall back and on a decent length of contract. Shows his commitment to the club.It will give us much more width and hopefully more goals from Rooney with improved service.
    Very true indeed. A good player on his day and in all honesty we and Adam Rooney have missed him. Welcome back Niall McGinn

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    I think so, great that he is back at the club and will add another dimension going forward.
    Hopefully McGinn coming into the squad will raise the level of the new signings as well - as he is a genuine quality player.
    He said in his interview that reaching the 100 goal mark is a target in these 3.5 years.

For me, if he reaches that then he does deserve to go down as a Dons great. Especially if there is a trophy involved in that time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Shhhhh!

You'll be labeled as a "happy clapper" with talk like that!!

Ohhhhh crap.........I AM NO HAPPY CLAPPER

Been away since Christmas & Only Just catching up great news McGinn is back

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Wright will still get his chances I'm sure. I think Stewart is beginning to get back to form which bodes well for the second half of the season, and GMS is looking a bit more confident albeit he's still a bit hit and miss.

I'd guess Ball will return south and we'll bring in another loan player - probably central midfielder, and that'll be it for January.
    That sounds likely to me

Great to see McGinn return, we have sorely missed him. It should be a good boost for us second half of the season. This contract may well take him late into his career with us.

Not sure the window will see only Ball move on. Wouldn't be all that surprised to see McLean go too, preferably for money. With Tansey seemingly semi permanently injured, I think we may look for loan cover for him.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRed View Post
    Great to see McGinn return, we have sorely missed him. It should be a good boost for us second half of the season. This contract may well take him late into his career with us.

Not sure the window will see only Ball move on. Wouldn't be all that surprised to see McLean go too, preferably for money. With Tansey seemingly semi permanently injured, I think we may look for loan cover for him.
    While some won't like me saying this, I don't think we'll sell McLean in this window as he's too important a player for us. We don't have anyone to replace him and a loan signing isn't going to do the job. Tansey is injured a lot and when he has played he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's starting 11 material. We need someone alongside Shinnie in midfield who can use the ball and spray the passes around which is McLean - O'Connor is hopeless on the ball, if he's playing i'd rather see him in defence. Liam Henderson at Celtic would be a good shout if he's available to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    While some won't like me saying this, I don't think we'll sell McLean in this window as he's too important a player for us. We don't have anyone to replace him and a loan signing isn't going to do the job. Tansey is injured a lot and when he has played he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's starting 11 material. We need someone alongside Shinnie in midfield who can use the ball and spray the passes around which is McLean - O'Connor is hopeless on the ball, if he's playing i'd rather see him in defence. Liam Henderson at Celtic would be a good shout if he's available to sign.
    McLean is playing really well and instrumental in much of what we do.
    He will be difficult to replace no doubt.
    I wonder if him leaving will allow Frank Ross to step up as I have seen some great things from him.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast