+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Niall Mcginn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Niall Mcginn

So apparently at the AGM that took place on December 18th this was said

"Finally, on the football front, the manager has confirmed that he hopes to get an answer on Niall McGinn returning to the Dons within the next seven to ten days"

So basically according to that then time is pretty much up, so whats the new's whats the word on the street is McGinn coming back or is he off to easter road or tinkcastle

CYOR

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    I was a fan of McGinn when he was here and thought he was significantly underrated by a section of our support, but my enthusiasm for him coming back is pretty muted. Over 30 now, and may be coming back with a confidence dented by recent failures and a feeling that he's back doing what he'd decided he needed a change from. If he can come back at something close to his best form he'd still be an asset, but there are enough doubts that I won't be heartbroken if we miss out. Still wouldn't want to see him in a Hibs or Hearts jersey though.

I have my doubts there are three other clubs interested.
    Why name Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts but then be gauged thatbthere are 3 others in the frame?

He’s been back to Aberdeen (Twitter link), he’s been to a Hibs game ( v Celtic no surprise).
    It would be interesting if he took in the Hearts / Hibs Derby Tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    I was a fan of McGinn when he was here and thought he was significantly underrated by a section of our support, but my enthusiasm for him coming back is pretty muted. Over 30 now, and may be coming back with a confidence dented by recent failures and a feeling that he's back doing what he'd decided he needed a change from. If he can come back at something close to his best form he'd still be an asset, but there are enough doubts that I won't be heartbroken if we miss out. Still wouldn't want to see him in a Hibs or Hearts jersey though.
    May help Rooney find form. Im for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts.
    He’s an upgrade on what we have out wide I’d say.
    I’d rather see a younger version of him though, but as you say wouldn’t want to see him in a Hibs jersey... which is where I’ve always though he’d end up.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts.
    He’s an upgrade on what we have out wide I’d say.
    I’d rather see a younger version of him though, but as you say wouldn’t want to see him in a Hibs jersey... which is where I’ve always though he’d end up.
    I agree he might well end up at Hibs and would be a good fit there. It would be great to see McGinn back at Aberdeen he is a great all round player and stays on his feet. Plus he's much better going forward that anyone we currently have.
    Last edited by Hairdrier; 27-12-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    May help Rooney find form. Im for it.
    I would have him back also but certainly wouldn’t bet against him joining Stokes at Hibs.
    It will be interesting to see if Del can convince him though.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I would have him back also but certainly wouldn’t bet against him joining Stokes at Hibs.
    It will be interesting to see if Del can convince him though.
    Do they have the same agent?

He was often criticised for his lack of consistency - we're now seeing that in comparison to his replacements (GMS, Stewart, Wright) he was exceptionally consistent. The question mark is not over his ability, but whether he can re-capture something close to that form. If he can even hit something like 75% of the level of form he showed in his previous spell with the club, he'll contribute more than GMS and Stewart have this season (although both have had their moments).

I'd like to think we have some other targets as well as McGinn, but haven't even heard the whisper of any other rumours.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast