+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Niall Mcginn

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    McLean is playing really well and instrumental in much of what we do.
    He will be difficult to replace no doubt.
    I wonder if him leaving will allow Frank Ross to step up as I have seen some great things from him.
    I think the likes of Ross and Wright will get chances in the second half of the season, but it's a big ask for them to fill the boots of experienced internationals like McGinn, Hayes, McLean etc and maintain the level of performance and results required. Undoubtedly these guys have talent, and need game time to develop, which they will get I'm sure - I just feel there's a lot of fans who dislike McLean for some reason and don't appreciate just how good he is and how ***** a cog in the team he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    While some won't like me saying this, I don't think we'll sell McLean in this window as he's too important a player for us. We don't have anyone to replace him and a loan signing isn't going to do the job. Tansey is injured a lot and when he has played he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's starting 11 material. We need someone alongside Shinnie in midfield who can use the ball and spray the passes around which is McLean - O'Connor is hopeless on the ball, if he's playing i'd rather see him in defence. Liam Henderson at Celtic would be a good shout if he's available to sign.
    With any luck the board are willing to repay the manager's loyalty with the £300k it would take to land Greg Docherty. Would be a real statement of intent and provide the perfect right sided balance to Shinnie in the engine room. Pretty sure there would be a few takers to replace the outlay for McLean's services to balance the books.

Add in a cheeky wee loan deal for Stevie Mallan with Ball heading back down south would have us good to go for the glorious push for second place.
    Last edited by vinnydesalvo; 29-12-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I just feel there's a lot of fans who dislike McLean for some reason and don't appreciate just how good he is and how ***** a cog in the team he is.
    You get that perception from in here.
    Not sure if that correlates to the wider support.
    I certainly see the value he brings and why McInnes always selects.

I expect first name on the sheet is Shinnie, closely followed by McLean.
    If either are fit / available, they play.

McLean is s'hite.

Like playing with 10 men.

Please please get rid of the hun c'unt in January.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    McLean is s'hite.

McLean is s'hite.

And I really thought you had a bit of footballing knowledge, but obviously not.

McLean is s'hite.

Can you please explain why you think he is sh1te?

McLean is too lightweight for a midfield battle & not good enough to play further forward. A luxury player who has spent the overwhelming majority of his time here MIA

F*cking hun n’all

A nancy boy, mincing around midfield attempting ridiculous cross field passes that

1/ don't come off
    2/ would be of no bloody use if they did come off.

My only concern is that he will stay until the end of the season so that the hun can sign him for f'uck all.

My only concern is that he will stay until the end of the season so that the hun can sign him for f'uck all.
    If we got offered say £250,000 I would certainly sell him. It could well be handy for finding a replacement.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast